Passenger window scratch

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Hi all,

I just took delivery of my Taycan 4S and as we were in the car with the sales rep, I noticed a small “c shaped” scratch in the passenger glass. They immediately said we will take responsibility to fix it with a new glass. However this comes my paranoia, I prefer them to not take apart the car door panel to replace this glass. I proposed an idea of the dealer glass shop to polish it out instead which they can do in front of me and within 30 mins. I have an appt at the dealer this week for the glass guy to take a look and see if it can be polished out. What do others think? I feel like fixing one issue might lead to more problems if they start taking the car apart (rattles or damage to interior trim).

Thanks!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
As long as a certified technician takes the panel off and reinstalls with care you should be fine. Any fasteners that break upon removal should be replaced.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
It depends on what the "glass guy" has to say. I suppose there's no harm in trying to see if the scratch will polish out; if it doesn't look right after the polishing attempt then you're no worse off and can still get the window replaced.

If you do get it polished, examine it carefully with a bright flashlight, in sunlight, under florescent lightening etc. Flaws like fine scratches, swirls, or discoloration can show up under different circumstances. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about just getting the window replaced as long as a genuine Porsche part is used.

Pennyroyal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, 2022 Mercedes GLC
Country flag
I'd let the dealer replace the glass- then it's on them if there is a future problem
Sponsored