PCM 6.0 Announcement - Coming to the Taycan soon?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I bet has to do with Android Auto coming to 2022 vehicles. Wonder if retroactive to current ones.

Don't want to get everyone's hopes up but Porsche announced an event tomorrow at Noon CET about "Connected Infotainment".

See on Instagram:

I hope we'll see great things coming as Software Updates to our vehicles.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Oh neat, in the video they explain that remote parking with the mobile phone app is part of PCM 6.0. So I assume that if your Taycan has the sensors, it should become available through the software upgrade.

Also:
PCM 6.0 also ensures that software updates will be possible using over-the-air technology – meaning updates can be carried out wirelessly. In the future, the PCM system could also become the digital basis for adaptive sound – music that dynamically adapts to driving style.​

Unfortunately, they still don't display the car in the correct paint color :(

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Unfortunately, they still don't display the car in the correct paint color :(
That’s the only reason I bought the white car - I wanted it to match the PCM. :rolleyes:

and yeah, hopefully this news means better and more frequent updates. On the other hand, let’s hope trying to accommodate multiple different models doesn’t complicate things further.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s the only reason I bought the white car - I wanted it to match the PCM. :rolleyes:

and yeah, hopefully this news means better and more frequent updates. On the other hand, let’s hope trying to accommodate multiple different models doesn’t complicate things further.
I don't think I'd interpret that way - the updates mentioned more likely relate to the 'softer' side of things and not the major WMA upgrades we've endured. i may be wrong but in the absence of a global standard for OTA (safety, cyber etc) I can't see (nor want) this being a major step forward for Taycankind.
Sponsored