PCM 6.0 Announcement - Coming to the Taycan soon?

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It would be humorous to build out the better PCM for the other models but not allow Taycan owners to open their doors with a phone first :)

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Does anybody know whether the hardware is being changed or if it's just a software enhancement? In other words, is the PCM in a 2021 Taycan the same as the PCM in the 2022 (or later)?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't need the PCM to run machine learning algorithms to predict what I am going to do. I just want all basic functionalities to work as expected.

I wish I had the option to downgrade to PCM 4.0 or 5.0 where the volume control worked all the time, the language was always correct, the maps loaded fast every time, it never crashed and the camera image was less distorted. Yes it was outdated but it worked every time.

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I really hope someday we can get Carplay (and now Android Auto) on the instrument cluster. It's inconvenient having to look to the side and down to get navigation instructions. Obviously Porsche thinks this sort of design makes sense since the PCM nav uses both displays when navigating.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
I really hope someday we can get Carplay (and now Android Auto) on the instrument cluster. It's inconvenient having to look to the side and down to get navigation instructions. Obviously Porsche thinks this sort of design makes sense since the PCM nav uses both displays when navigating.
That's partly on the phone vendors to figure out. Right now both systems assume large rectangular displays for the layout.

They would need to extend their protocol to support an "Instrument Cluster" view as I think just doing Android Auto or CarPlay on the Instrument Cluster would be a bad driver experience.

OP
OP

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Good video with details. Beginning to like this channel.

2022 taycan
Has anyone been able to get confirmation that all the PCM changes are coming to MY20, MY21 too as software updates? I've asked my dealer but haven't received any answers. Especially regarding:
  • Wired Android Auto
  • New Navigation Updates
  • Homescreen shortcuts
  • Porsche Connect (Porsche Charging Planner updates)
  • Remote Park Assist (assuming car is optioned to have Park Assist)
  • 3D Surround View (improved panning)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Exit Warning
  • SoundTrack My Life

Update:
Crossed a few items that are in the MY21 Taycan Cross Turismo Brochure
Porsche Taycan PCM 6.0 Announcement - Coming to the Taycan soon? Screenshot 2021-06-19 at 21.06.50

Last edited: