PCM 6.0 update notice coming for 2020-2021 models over next 30 days

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
I agree that it pretty much sounds like a random troll post.

I was thinking: is the colored PCM that much better than the current PCM in 20s and 21s? Mine works fine most of the time and 99.9% of the time it runs Apple CarPlay. So integrated Spotify - I don’t care. I was extremely annoyed in the beginning, but now I feel indifferent about it. The colored icons don’t look good to me. Only thing would be if it is indeed MUCH snappier and better performing than beta PCM 6.0.
As an Android user, the wireless Android Auto would be a nice to have.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I find it doubtful of the source only since my interactions with PCNA is a very polite: you should contact your dealer if you have questions. I would be very surprised if they shared any details that dealers don't already have.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I definitely won't rush to get this... I prefer the sleekness of the monochrome PCM and we all know how buggy porsche's software is lol. Don't wanna end up with something even buggier

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
UK here - I did the OTA update yesterday 05/05/22 all went smoothly followed guidance its improved connectivity with My Porsche app definitely but no other changes to PCM noticed? I've also now linked my Spotify account to Porsche but still no integration on PCM? Am i missing something ?
Porsche Taycan PCM 6.0 update notice coming for 2020-2021 models over next 30 days pcm

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but I hope to be proven wrong ;-)

Reactions: vdr

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
I emailed them:

JavaScript:
if (car.modelYear >= 2022)
{
    spotifyTemplate.Show();
}
Or if they're backwards

JavaScript:
if (car.modelYear <= 2021)
{
    spotifyTemplate.Hide();
}
🤡

This made my day :) from a fellow coder, the software on this car is kind of a joke :)

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
In the other megathread about this topic someone quoted Porsche as saying that they did a parts change so that they could more easily do software revisions. I'm assuming they're offloading it from India to a German in-house team. I don't see how this would affect '21 and below going forward, but I assume it's too hard for their Fischer Price coders to do a 1hr API rewrite...

It's written like an API right? It's written like an API... right?

Porsche Taycan PCM 6.0 update notice coming for 2020-2021 models over next 30 days 1652154393163

yes I'm making light of this -- I've no clue what their infotainment OS frontend is written in. It shouldn't be a big job, so my point still stands.

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
Any news on this? I assumed it wasnt going to amount to much but still :)

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This made my day :) from a fellow coder, the software on this car is kind of a joke :)
Every once in a while I think I am going to go work there and fix this shit and then I remember what it's like to work in a shop that puts out software like this …
Sponsored