Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer. He says there will be an update, just not sure when.
I was told that they would begin deploying the new update to current MY22 cars starting week 7.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I was told that they would begin deploying the new update to current MY22 cars starting week 7.
This may be interesting, my CP 0.0 date (start of production I think..) is Feb 18th (wk7). I’ve asked my salesman to verify it will have PCM 6.0

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
This may be interesting, my CP 0.0 date (start of production I think..) is Feb 18th (wk7). I’ve asked my salesman to verify it will have PCM 6.0
All new cars produced today will already have the new version of the PCM, so you're probably pretty safe there. I was referring to when current MY22 will start getting the update (as I've been told, anyway).

Last edited:

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
Hi,

my car is in production right now. Starting production 19.01.22, end of production should be 11.02.22. Can you tell me if I would get the new version of PCM already from factory?

Best

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Picked up my car 3 days ago CT4 (MY22) and my dealer told me they have a big update for the car (will need two days to install) probably it is the one…

hhf2

First Name
Heiko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB
Country flag
Just received my RWD yesterday, built late-December. Car does not have the PCM as described in the press release.
Same with my 12/21 RWD PB+
If they don’t make this a free OTA update, it’s a sure way to drive me to a PLAID…goddamit ?

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This PCM update better be an over the air update for all Taycans already in service. Presuming Porsche NA is watching this forum, please take notice.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have a strong feeling that Prosche will provide the update for older cars for a charge.
Reason being, they need to keep service revenue moving forward for dealerships.

For example they may do a Module and/or Software upgrade depending on the car.

My tingly senses are telling my these updates will cost around $1600.00.
I won’t ever pay for an update the old way of doing business is over, all new brands coming to market are like iPhones and if Porche wants to milk the cow, good luck, buying a brand that offers OTA and free, and the end they are fixing a half baked software

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Picked up my car 3 days ago CT4 (MY22) and my dealer told me they have a big update for the car (will need two days to install) probably it is the one…
when did it exit the factory? Curious when that was relative to the announcement.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I won’t ever pay for an update the old way of doing business is over, all new brands coming to market are like iPhones and if Porche wants to milk the cow, good luck, buying a brand that offers OTA and free, and the end they are fixing a half baked software
Agreed, but 2022 actually does have new hardware. Which completely sucks, but may be the equivalent of when Tesla went from MCU1 to MCU2 to MCU3. If that's the case, it's crazy that it happened this fast, but I'd rather them offer a paid upgrade than no upgrade.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
This PCM update better be an over the air update for all Taycans already in service. Presuming Porsche NA is watching this forum, please take notice.
I reached out to Porsche NA as I am concerned that 2020-2021 Taycans won't get the update. This is what I got back after it was thoroughly researched by the rep working on my Apple Music Issue:

FROM PORSCHE NA: Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I wanted to make sure I got all the information before responding. The initial update will be for the 2022 models. They are than going to look at the 2021 for what is required for an upgrade. They are not looking at the 2020 year models. So it looks like your 2021 Taycan 4S is being considered for a future update, but I was not able to get any firm dates for you at this time.

Not the best for 2020 and 2021 Taycans.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Porsche could learn some customer affinity from Tesla!

As an early adopter with a 2013 Model S I watched all the new hardware changes come out (mine is even before any autopilot hardware), but Tesla has always been amazing at keeping the updates in sink with all there Model S’s. I am still getting updates everytime any Model S gets one, 9 years later (just got another OTA change 2 weeks ago). Now in the last few years my list of new items has dwindled down to 3-4 when the update released 10 new things, but any change they could put in mine they did at the same time everyone else’s was changed. It has really made me feel like they still cared about their early adopters. Maybe some of the PCM 6.0 updates are limited by hardware changes, but things like new screen ordering, colored icons, etc… Seems easily backward compatible…. Would just require a different versions of PCM 6.0 like Tesla has been doing for 10 years now. For those that follow cell phone philosophies, Porsche should model Apple a little more than Android….

btw, although we are buying a new Taycan, we’re not selling the Model S…

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sounds hopeful, please keep us updated.

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
when did it exit the factory? Curious when that was relative to the announcement.
Came you ask the dealer what the update consists of and when it will be available?
Sponsored