PCM 6 in the Taycan

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
...5 icons on the left side of screen ( main monitor ) instead of 3...are you agree ?
Of course it will be really better.
Because now you need to go into "Home" and then choosing navigation, media or telephone. This is not ergonomic at all ...
Sponsored

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
at the same time, a new icon appear on the console's monitor...what's that ?
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan PCM6.JPG

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
at the same time, a new icon appear on the console's monitor...what's that ?
PCM6.JPG
Gravel mode on CT. Should be Sport on sedan if you don't have specced the Sport Chrono pack ...

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Ive seen a lot of videos and articles about the PCM 6.0. It seems a lot like what the Taycan already have. I found this on the Porsche newsroom page. Seems the PCM 6.0 they’re speaking of might be for fossil cars?

From my understanding, PCM 6.0 is what Taycans have today
A new version of the PCM 6.0 will equip MY22 Taycans and ICE Porsches.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
From my understanding, PCM 6.0 is what Taycans have today
A new version of the PCM 6.0 will equip MY22 Taycans and ICE Porsches.
No. If you look to the preceeding screenshot you would see that there are 5 icons instead of 3.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
No. If you look to the preceeding screenshot you would see that there are 5 icons instead of 3.
Yes that is the NEW version of the PCM 6.0 that will also equip the MY22 Taycans.
Current version in Taycans is the "Basic" PCM 6.0 with 3 icons.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
searching on porsche configurator , Remote Parking needs of Comfort Access with electrically foldable mirrors and Park Assist + Surround view...; 2020/21 Taycans with those configurations , probably will be able to upgrade...
I had a BMW 5 series with Remote Parking and was so confortable...

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
I believe I’ve seen another version of the PCM software just a few days ago. I was lucky to see the new Taycan Sport Turismo (both inside and outside) in a Turbo S version (It’s camouflaged ofc.). The menu was colored. With navigation icon the arrow being green, the music icon was red, network/web was blue etc.
Anyone know if this might be the PCM 6.0 for Taycan? Asking because the Sport Turismo is expected to be a 2022 car.
How did you get access to an ST? Any pics?

OP
OP
356B

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
So I have looked at as many comments as I can process on the software for the Taycan. First, it is truly an amazing car. My 2021 4S continues to distract me from my ‘09 911S. However the it has taken a while to acclimate to the PCM system. While I have adapted and can operate it, it certainly appears immature.
So last week, I sat in a 2021 Macan with its PCM PCM 5?). More configurable and seems to make a lot more sense. The sales person said the transition for Porsche will be to PCM 6 for all models, which as of now seems like a functional step backward.
So it is my guess that we are in the prototype phase of software for PCM 6.0 and that Porsche is still far from transitioning legacy PCM 6.0.
It is my estimate (or I am hoping) that the functions, stability and choices of the previous PCM will be moved to PCM 6 and we will see big improvements (soon?) to the Taycan PCM.
Anyone have any insights into the software improvements of PCM 6?
Further to my original post above. I was downloading ALK FOD (USA) and there were a large number of updates available (I had turned off automatic updates so I would know when they were available). Version after update is shown below.
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan IMG_9804 copy

After said updates, most functions seem "snappier" and responsive. Much less delay when switching media sources and screens. Instantaneous switching between Carplay and NAV and Media.
Two days of testing and the system seems much more stable and responsive. No swirling circle of misery.
Does anybody else see updates? Or was I just behind the curve and switching to manual updates forced an old update?

Last edited:

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer called me to postpone the software update to November 9th ... and all the dealers in my region did the same thing...?...Strange things...

• Sad
Reactions: sfr

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Didn’t members here already get their MY22s? Did they get it with the new PCM version? I asked my dealer yesterday and no PCM updates are in sight right now..

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Didn’t members here already get their MY22s? Did they get it with the new PCM version?
Yes, I got the new PCM version in my Taycan 4S.

Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan android1
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan android2
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan pcm1
Porsche Taycan PCM 6 in the Taycan pcm2