steven7

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Sorry to bring back an old thread but here's some feedback on Android Auto for a Cross Turismo 4 MY2021 (confirmed via VIN, Porsche dealer and myPorsche app) that I bought as Porsche Approved recently.

The car was only sold to the original owner on July 2022 and seems like a custom order which makes it even more odd being a MY2021.

Anyway, I can confirm that at least this particular car has wireless android auto, which I wasn't expecting since it's a MY2021 car. Not sure if it was an update to PCM that allowed this.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry to bring back an old thread but here's some feedback on Android Auto for a Cross Turismo 4 MY2021 (confirmed via VIN, Porsche dealer and myPorsche app) that I bought as Porsche Approved recently.

The car was only sold to the original owner on July 2022 and seems like a custom order which makes it even more odd being a MY2021.

Anyway, I can confirm that at least this particular car has wireless android auto, which I wasn't expecting since it's a MY2021 car. Not sure if it was an update to PCM that allowed this.
MY20 was the problem year but from MY21 onwards these features were available including Plug and Charge.

All cars from MY20 onwards had a major software upgrade which enabled most of these features including the coloured PCM icons.if the PCM supported wireless connectivity then that became available.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

This is good to know. When I was shopping for Taycan at the time MY21 models did not have Android Auto and MY22 did and my assumption was that this was more than software.

Porsche took a strong stance on not adding Android Auto to their cars so for our MY24 Macan I had to pay someone offering these services to enable it in the PCM which is a PCM 5 that does not support it from factory.
Sponsored