W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Forgive me if obvious but I did not see an actual timeline for this to be pushed to our cars - anyone have info on that or better still has anyone already received an OTA update? I am assuming this can be done OTA i.e. not too big that it needs to be done at a dealership!
No clue I'm afraid - not convinced it will be OTA perhaps it can / will be - would you risk it?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No clue I'm afraid - not convinced it will be OTA perhaps it can / will be - would you risk it?
Exactly - I suspect a fairly large file/system update and prob safer to be hooked up at dealership! They alternately might stage it but again you'd wonder.

da2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Agreed, especially since the PCM in older Taycans has several rough edges.
is there a noticable difference between older and newer taycans? got a my21
Doesnt care about android auto. but my pcm is total laggy..

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I expect to see a bundled PCM & Matrix Headlight upgrade.

…around 2025.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Doesnt care about android auto. but my pcm is total laggy..
MY20 (2019) PCM was laggy and lacked resolution. Improved on MY21 onwards - no complaints to be honest and if I can get the latest software upgrades that would be a bonus.

LMTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
From Porsche I was told it’s unfortunately not upgradable to older Taycan models as only MY22 will get this.

I fell in love with the Taycan after I drove it and I hope to get one someday but it’s insane to think that in 2022 something like an infotainment tweak/update can’t be added to existing cars, while Tesla updates to a complete new software overnight…

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Seems that Porsche prefer to refer to the Taycan PCM generically as 6.0 since launch regardless of the underlying component software versions within it.
Exactly. The Taycan PCM is generation 6.0 since launch up to now. But there are several softwareversion for the PCM out there. The one that was introduced with MY22 was Release 3613 (at least for the european Taycans). And with today's announcement there will be a new release version of the software but it stays PCM 6.0. Hopefully it's clearer now ?

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] pcm1

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Yes, there is a difference. With MY22 the PCM got new hardware with better performance. It's not that laggy anymore than the previous MYs.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
From Porsche I was told it’s unfortunately not upgradable to older Taycan models as only MY22 will get this.

I fell in love with the Taycan after I drove it and I hope to get one someday but it’s insane to think that in 2022 something like an infotainment tweak/update can’t be added to existing cars, while Tesla updates to a complete new software overnight…
That is unfortunate if true.. it demonstrates poor engineering from Porsche if they cannot upgrade 2 years after the initial release.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
It's really frustrating because he's just blatantly spreading disinformation.
People like Voight and those who love his brand of unabashed pimping are the second biggest reason I don't want a Tesla (1st being that the styling isn't to my taste, choice and all that).
Sponsored