W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No news on that front but hard to imagine it won't.

Still of the opinion that it won't lead to a wholesale refresh of the PCM as some people are hoping.
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
"A total of 12,490 Taycan models are involved in the recall. Impacted vehicles were manufactured between October 21, 2019 and April 25, 2022.

To resolve the issue, Porsche will update the software on the central computer. It will also roll out a comprehensive software update to all Taycan owners that will include the latest software version and address several customer satisfaction issues with the system."

Dealers were notified of the recall on June 9 and owners will be notified on August 5."
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/more-than-12000-porsche-taycans-have-screens-that-could-go-black/
Great info, thanks for sharing

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Does anyone know whether this recall will affect cars sold in Europe ?
I expect it will. My car is at the dealer next week and I will ask if they have heard anything yet on the ANA6 update.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
"A total of 12,490 Taycan models are involved in the recall. Impacted vehicles were manufactured between October 21, 2019 and April 25, 2022.

To resolve the issue, Porsche will update the software on the central computer. It will also roll out a comprehensive software update to all Taycan owners that will include the latest software version and address several customer satisfaction issues with the system."

Dealers were notified of the recall on June 9 and owners will be notified on August 5."
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/more-than-12000-porsche-taycans-have-screens-that-could-go-black/
We are theorizing it will be this release we get, Porsche could also just give a big fix if they wanted

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Still of the opinion that it won't lead to a wholesale refresh of the PCM as some people are hoping.
It will. Audi has been quietly doing the same for their MIB3 cars, MIB3 seems to be the key to finally making this possible on VW group cars.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
My dealer told me that the recall actions for coloured PCM (they call that internally "cluster 37") will be started from week 30.

Last edited:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Called Porsche because the car won't send battery status to the app, nor can I interact with the car. Private mode DOES get reflected in the app, though, so something is wrong. Got told there were a few updates for my car (and I just had some installed a few weeks ago) and one of them was for the PCM unit, but no time until mid August. Bit of talk and I was told I could come in whenever I wanted and they'll take a look. Hopefully that doesn't just mean to check the software but that they'll also apply any updates. I doubt it, but crossing my fingers for it being an (THE) update to the latest. :eek:

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
I just called my dealer to schedule the following PCM update:
"Re-program main computer (PCM) Campaign number ANA6"

I was told to hold off, that the software was being pulled back and no longer available to the techs. I was sold that there were reports of it having big problems and possibly causing hardware issues with PCM requiring replacement in some cases....
The adventure continues......

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My car is getting the ANA5 update 13/7/21 and no other recalls are flagged - starting to feel like my guess that the PCM update that we've all been hoping for is limited to various MYs. It could be timing but...

I'll ask when I drop the car off but I suspect I may get my new GTS ST before my PCM ever sees any coloured icons this year.

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I just got a notification from CARFAX for my car:
Recall Number: ANA6 Re-programming central computer (PCM)

Last edited:

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I just a notification from CARFAX for my car:
Recall Number: ANA6 Re-programming central computer (PCM)
Me too.
I'm not planning to do anything (like schedule an appointment) until someone here posts a review of this update.
Anyone willing to potentially take an arrow for the team? :)

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Me too.
I'm not planning to do anything (like schedule an appointment) until someone here posts a review of this update.
Anyone willing to potentially take an arrow for the team? :)
I've reached out to my dealer, Paul Miller, to see if they are already executing or waiting on parts. Once I hear back, I'll schedule right away.
Sponsored

Last edited: