awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
UPDATE 1/25:

Porsche has confirmed that PCM 6.0 is not being made available to existing owners, but a retrofit option is being investigated. This was their reply statement:

“The new functions are now part of the standard equipment of every newly configured Porsche 911, Taycan, Cayenne, and Panamera. Whether there will be a retrofit option for existing vehicles with PCM 6.0 is currently being evaluated.”

Porsche infotainment system update: more versatile, more intuitive, more intelligent

24/01/2022
Porsche is enhancing its infotainment system. The latest, sixth generation of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) in the 911, Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera models now has many new functions.

These include native integration of Spotify for the first time, a revised interface design, additional optimisation of Voice Pilot voice assistant, wireless Android Auto connection and improvements for planning charging stops for electric vehicles.

Optimised PCM user interface
New, coloured icons make the functions of the revised PCM 6.0 user interface easier to recognise. Porsche made this improvement at the suggestion of its customers.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] TA22Q2BID0008_01_highres

Revised user interface for the PCM 6.0
In addition to a clearer display, the PCM update improves the scope of the Voice Pilot. The integrated voice assistant is further improved and makes it easier to access several functions. These include news, the operating manual and in-car music streaming.

Native Spotify integration
Porsche drivers have direct access to their favourite Spotify songs and podcasts in the revised PCM 6.0. Spotify Premium customers can link their account to the vehicle using their Porsche ID and use Spotify as an additional media source.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] TA22Q2MID0006_highres

Native Spotify integration
The vehicle accesses the streaming service provider directly without having to use a smartphone. Through this new integration, drivers will have instant access to more than 70 million songs and 3.2 million podcasts right at their fingertips – all required data is included in Porsche Connect. The app also displays the Like function, all saved playlists and the new Go to Radio option, which looks for a piece of music similar to the one currently playing.

Charging Planner with improved algorithms
With electric cars, it is important to plan the route as efficiently as possible. That is why Porsche has improved the calculation of charging sessions in the Charging Planner. The optimised algorithm prioritises to a greater extent charging stations which offer a higher energy output and plans charging stops more efficiently. These improvements are also based on customer feedback. Additionally, the Charging Planner now also takes into account the time required to start and end the charging process at the charging station when calculating the total driving time. Together, these measures make for a much improved charging experience.

Porsche Taycan ? PCM 6 Update Announcement [Update: Retrofit Being Explored For Existing Taycans] S21_5330_667554_1267664_de_PAG_2149275_highres

PCM Update for all 911, Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera models
For a better overview, a dynamic zoom function for charging stations during the trip has been introduced. The system shows all available charging options in the immediate vicinity including whether or not they are currently in use. In the wider view, the display is limited to fast-charging stations. A new filter makes it possible to sort charging points by output. The PCM 6.0 navigation system also includes a revised route monitor, on which relevant events can be individually displayed or hidden during the trip. The new functions are standard as of now on every newly configured Porsche 911, Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera. The exact scope depends on the equipment and powertrain type of the vehicle.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ent-pcm-infotainment-system-update-27152.html

Last edited by a moderator:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PCM-Update for all 911-, Taycan-, Cayenne- and Panamera models
(that is on the German side. )
Sixth generation for non-Taycan appeared 18/06/21 - https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-adaptive-sound-soundtrack-my-life-24811.html - and now "re-appeared" as another sixth generation - https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ent-pcm-infotainment-system-update-27152.html - just to confuse us all.

Not like Porsche to get their PR / marketing materials muddled like this!

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
OP
OP
awharton

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Sixth generation for non-Taycan appeared 18/06/21 - https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-adaptive-sound-soundtrack-my-life-24811.html - and now "re-appeared" as another sixth generation - https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ent-pcm-infotainment-system-update-27152.html - just to confuse us all.

Not like Porsche to get their PR / marketing materials muddled like this!
The announcement today is slightly different. Includes additional features such as Spotify integration etc.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@HerrCooles
That's what I said "non-Taycan" - but today's press release is for the same range of vehicles and now the Taycan and also branded "sixth generation" which is clearly an error / misprint - chronologically it should be the 7th.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
There’s no doubt for me that existing PCM 6 users will get the update. I wish there was however a timeline provided. Has anyone emailed Mr Klunz from Porsche who is listed as the person in charge for this communication?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
so questions:
  1. all Taycans? appears to be yes
  2. date?
  3. delivery method? OTA or dealer visit?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
There’s no doubt for me that existing PCM 6 users will get the update.
Hopefully at least for the MY22 users with the already improved PCM 6.0. As far as I know the Taycan has had PCM 6.0 right from the beginning in 2019. And the Taycan owners of 2019-2021 models didn't even get the updated PCM 6.0 that was introduced with MY22. So I'm not conviced that they will get the update that was announced today.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
The announcement today is slightly different. Includes additional features such as Spotify integration etc.
I disagree.
In the preceding announcement other features and improvements were listed as well like Android Auto integration.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hopefully at least for the MY22 users with the already improved PCM 6.0. As far as I know the Taycan has had PCM 6.0 right from the beginning in 2019. And the Taycan owners of 2019-2021 models didn't even get the updated PCM 6.0 that was introduced with MY22. So I'm not conviced that they will get the update that was announced today.
I think MY21 onwards have PCM 6.0 - not 100% certain but believe so. I have an MY21 car - wireless CarPlay but not checked Android Auto (with a cable yet) which may be present.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I disagree.
In the preceding announcement other features and improvements were listed as well like Android Auto integration.
Look at the details ;) With MY22 WIRED Android Auto was announced. Todays announcement says that the updated adds WIRELESS Android Auto to the PCM.

So, to make it short. The new PCM 6.0 that was announced today includes the following changes:
  • WIRELESS Android Auto
  • Native Spotify
  • Improved UI with colored icons
  • Improved charge planning
  • Improved voice commands
Sponsored