Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just got my 2021 4S back from ANA6/PCM update. I no longer have an "All Wheel" selection in the left gauge of the instrument. It's a display that shows how much power is going to that front wheels versus the rear wheels.

Anyone know if this is just gone or hidden somewhere else in the settings. I've got a call into my dealer but could only leave a message.:-(

Thanks
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I just got my 2021 4S back from ANA6/PCM update. I no longer have an "All Wheel" selection in the left gauge of the instrument. It's a display that shows how much power is going to that front wheels versus the rear wheels.

Anyone know if this is just gone or hidden somewhere else in the settings. I've got a call into my dealer but could only leave a message.:-(

Thanks
Unfortunately, it's gone from instrument panel in this release.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Thanks
It is in the centre display now in the trip info page.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ouncement-coming-july-13th….11715/post-171649

Last edited:

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think there’s a version of the awd display now on the center pcm on the vehicle trip tab
Thanks, found it. But it is not very readable. I seem to adjust the brightness of some drive lines to indicate where power is flowing, but is just is very hard to see compared to the previous display.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’ve had a ‘22 for a month and a half. I’ve only ever had the colored icon, and don’t know what the old AWD display was like. What I’m learning is that as folks get this new update, I may have had more time to discover the various options.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If this software update really is extending the range of MY20/21 cars – even a little bit – that really is amazing.

Can you imagine – when updates like this are delivered OTA – how impressive it will be to go out to your car and it has become more efficient overnight.

sbzsbz

First Name
Shahbaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have a Porsche Taycan turbo (Dec 2021).
I recently had a charging issue and my car was in Porsche waiting on a high voltage charging part which was on back order. After 2 weeks I got my car back and I was amazed that they updated the software on my car, I now have colour icons, android auto and Spotify etc.
This was great news for me as I was told recently it isn’t possible.
Another thing I noticed is that my doors unlock now when I approach the car, not sure if this was already a feature or as a result of the update, it’s a cool feature.
so fingers crossed, the update will eventually reach all your cars soon.
if you need any pictures of model number etc, then send me a message.

morrisonbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
brettmorrison.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 Tesla Model X P100D
Country flag
If this software update really is extending the range of MY20/21 cars – even a little bit – that really is amazing.

Can you imagine – when updates like this are delivered OTA – how impressive it will be to go out to your car and it has become more efficient overnight.
No need to imagine for me. I've lived it. I've owned at least one Tesla since 2013. It's about time other manufacturers caught up.

Also, I'd like to see "Release Notes" published with each update that are viewable in the vehicle. Tesla does this. It's standard practice for when new versions of software are published.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
There is reserve battery in the Taycan (around 8% of the total battery capacity). From what I understand, this reserve is so you never charge to 100% of the full battery capacity, thereby improving long term battery reliability.
So it seems possible, as Porsche gets better battery reliability information from the installed base of Taycans, to release some of the reserve, which will give you more range.

Last edited:

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have a Porsche Taycan turbo (Dec 2021).
I recently had a charging issue and my car was in Porsche waiting on a high voltage charging part which was on back order. After 2 weeks I got my car back and I was amazed that they updated the software on my car, I now have colour icons, android auto and Spotify etc.
This was great news for me as I was told recently it isn’t possible.
Another thing I noticed is that my doors unlock now when I approach the car, not sure if this was already a feature or as a result of the update, it’s a cool feature.
so fingers crossed, the update will eventually reach all your cars soon.
if you need any pictures of model number etc, then send me a message.
Did you option comfort access with your car? I didn't, though I saw that now we can apparently activate it as one of the functions on demand, once this update had been installed, though there is a fee to pay for this. My update won't be until October but would be interested in seeing if mine does the same as your car.

sbzsbz

First Name
Shahbaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did you option comfort access with your car? I didn't, though I saw that now we can apparently activate it as one of the functions on demand, once this update had been installed, though there is a fee to pay for this. My update won't be until October but would be interested in seeing if mine does the same as your car.
it did have comfort access before. But I’m sure it didn’t lift the handles on my approach to the car, I may be wrong.
I also noticed that it has an auto regen option now opposed to just on/off before. This is particularly good as it slows the car down automatically when it detects a car in front to maximise the regen.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There is reserve battery in the Taycan (around 8% of the total battery capacity). From what I understand, this reserve is so you never charge to 100% of the full battery capacity, thereby improving the long term battery reliability.
So it seems possible, as Porsche gets better battery reliability information from the installed base of Taycans, to release some of the reserve, which will give you more range.
10% - PB+ has max 93.7kWh with 83.7 usable.

Optimisation generally comes with software tweaks to the motors but clearly if the 10% protection layer is reduced then more range will be possible.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
10% - PB+ has max 93.7kWh with 83.7 usable.

Optimisation generally comes with software tweaks to the motors but clearly if the 10% protection layer is reduced then more range will be possible.
93.4/83.7 exactly.

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yes i just got the lastest PCM 6.0 cluster 37 update with the colorful icons.
i can confirm that Spotify is integrated with Android auto
It takes 3 days to finish but it worth the wait.
Which version do you now have?
Sponsored