tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
Is it just me or is the PCM working much better lately (within the past week) since the last OTA update? Apple CarPlay seems to be connecting immediately. SiriusXM is loading much quicker. All of my Favorites disappeared this week (first time this has happened to me), so something must have changed. It seems that my PCM is working pretty much as it is supposed to work now, with very few, if any, glitches.
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I think it's just you. My car's software is up to date and I had the interior alarm sensor installed a couple of weeks ago. Today the PCM decided not to display the map in the center cockpit tube.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Is it just me or is the PCM working much better lately (within the past week) since the last OTA update? Apple CarPlay seems to be connecting immediately. SiriusXM is loading much quicker. All of my Favorites disappeared this week (first time this has happened to me), so something must have changed. It seems that my PCM is working pretty much as it is supposed to work now, with very few, if any, glitches.
I've only had my car for a week, but so far I haven't had any issues with the PCM or Apple CarPlay. There were two OTA updates I installed, one dated 2 May. If I start having any issues I'll be sure to post, but so far so good.

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Google search and EA charging station live info have disappeared for weeks for me.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I think it's just you. My car's software is up to date and I had the interior alarm sensor installed a couple of weeks ago. Today the PCM decided not to display the map in the center cockpit tube.
I had mine in for a recall to update the main instrument cluster last Thursday. Didn't have a problem with it. And the recall wasn't emailed or communicated. The service guy just mentioned it while I was there. I was just told they would do it when I was there getting the SOS call error function fixed. Maybe that will resolve your issue...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I was there getting the SOS call error function fixed.
Do you have any info how they fixed that SOS error?

@tfurbay : yesterday i lost Carplay and all Media. Never happened before (MY21).
There was just “data loading“ on the screen….for more than 10 minutes.
i didn;t care…i thought it will come back today… bit still nothing (=data loading….).
i was able to receive a phone call, also traffic info worked (audio warning), but i was not able to listen radio or AppleMusic….
then i dissable/enable bluetooth on my phone…. Still nothing.
after i dissable/enable wifi (with taycan_xxxx), CarPlay came back.

i don’t know what caused that error (iPhone or Taycan), but my guess is - Taycan since I noticed that it has problems almost always, when I park just for few minutes (quick stop).

Last edited:

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have any info how they fixed that SOS error?

@tfurbay : yesterday i lost Carplay and all Media. Never happened before (MY21).
There was just “data loading“ on the screen….for more than 10 minutes.
i didn;t care…i thought it will come back today… bit still nothing (=data loading….).
i was able to receive a phone call, also traffic info worked (audio warning), but i was not able to listen radio or AppleMusic….
then i dissable/enable bluetooth on my phone…. Still nothing.
after i dissable/enable wifi (with taycan_xxxx), CarPlay came back.

i don’t know what caused that error (iPhone or Taycan), but my guess is - Taycan since I noticed that it has problems almost always, when I park just for few minutes (quick stop).
I took it in. They plugged it into diagnostics for 20 mins. Did the fix. Took about 40 mins in total. SOS error sorted and SOS green light back on the button. It probably won’t fix itself. At which point they offered the instrument panel upgrade which I declined as it was another hour. I had that done separately last week.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I find I have had most of my glitches in colder weather. Now that it has warmed up, it seems to behave much better. As an example, in cold weather using the knob to change to sport mode from normal often didn't work but always worked through the PCM. In warm weather, the knob works every time.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I took it in. They plugged it into diagnostics for 20 mins. Did the fix. Took about 40 mins in total. SOS error sorted and SOS green light back on the button. It probably won’t fix itself. At which point they offered the instrument panel upgrade which I declined as it was another hour. I had that done separately last week.
Good to know.
i’m getting this SOS at least once per week…but it’s always ok for next drive, if car is parked for more than an hour.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know.
i’m getting this SOS at least once per week…but it’s always ok for next drive, if car is parked for more than an hour.
Worth getting sorted. It's a while you wait job.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Worth getting sorted. It's a while you wait job.
Agreed, but i didn;t know thst they already have a fix.
I‘ve been at service few weeks ago (trunk door didn’t close by a button), and I told them for SOS; looks thst I’ll have to ask for appointment again…

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I used to have a lot of issues connecting my phone to Bluetooth and it's been pretty reliable recently, so maybe? I still have an issue where the track length from Spotify never updates. It always shows the length of the first song being played, which is only a small annoyance. I did notice My Porsche app has been (relatively) more reliable.
Sponsored