PCM Nagging About Apple Music and Podcasts

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I keep getting PCM messages reminding me to set up Apple Music and Apple Podcasts. I reject the notifications and then delete the messages, but then I get a new pair of the same messages a few days later. I don’t want to set up Apple Music or Podcasts on the PCM (I prefer to use CarPlay).

Other than just placating them by setting the services up, any idea how to make these reminders stop?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I keep getting PCM messages reminding me to set up Apple Music and Apple Podcasts. I reject the notifications and then delete the messages, but then I get a new pair of the same messages a few days later. I don’t want to set up Apple Music or Podcasts on the PCM (I prefer to use CarPlay).

Other than just placating them by setting the services up, any idea how to make these reminders stop?
I don't think you can selectively stop but you can turn off all notifications.

Seems to be a new feature post uPdate that all sorts of 'tips' are being proffered (only 2 years too late!).

I use the Apple In-Car services (works really well) and use Android Auto (wireless) for the rest and so don't get plagued with these types of notifications.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is a shame, I cancelled my Apple Music during the free trial because I didn’t like its search function and haven’t used the podcasts since it was expelled from iTunes years ago.
I have zero intention of subscribing to either so being reminded to connect to a service to which I don’t subscribe would be most infuriating.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I have Apple Music active in the PCM and I still get the reminder/tip to set up just Apple Podcasts.
Sponsored