PCM Navigation | Manually Confirm Arrival / Skip Stopover During Tour?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
On multiple occasions I've experienced an issue with PCM navigation where the car fails to recognize arrival at a stopover.

I'll have programmed a navigation route to include one or more stopovers; A stopover might be an intended charging location or just a street address. After having stopped for some time at the stopover and then resuming the onward route, the PCN nav will doggedly try to continue directing me back to the stopover location I've just departed.

I would imagine that there is some logic for determining arrival based on the car's location relative to some radius threshold for the POI or the inferred GPS coordinates of the stopover address. In this scenario, perhaps that logic isn't getting triggered.

Is there a way to tell the PCM nav that "I've arrived at this stopover", or to cause it to skip to the next stopover in the 'tour' (PCM navigation parlance).

Hoping for some practical advice rather than trolling on PCM quality.
Sponsored

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
On multiple occasions I've experienced an issue with PCM navigation where the car fails to recognize arrival at a stopover.

I'll have programmed a navigation route to include one or more stopovers; A stopover might be an intended charging location or just a street address. After having stopped for some time at the stopover and then resuming the onward route, the PCN nav will doggedly try to continue directing me back to the stopover location I've just departed.

I would imagine that there is some logic for determining arrival based on the car's location relative to some radius threshold for the POI or the inferred GPS coordinates of the stopover address. In this scenario, perhaps that logic isn't getting triggered.

Is there a way to tell the PCM nav that "I've arrived at this stopover", or to cause it to skip to the next stopover in the 'tour' (PCM navigation parlance).

Hoping for some practical advice rather than trolling on PCM quality.
In the "itinerary summary" page (I mean, where all the stopovers are listed), just swipe left on the stopover you want to skip, then delete it and navigation should restart towards the next stopover.