Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Hi,
Just received OTA PCM update with excitement. Had to manually start the update on this one after turning car off. Estimated 30 min and I had to leave the car and lock it for it to start. Here are the screen shots. After installed successfully the PCM version is the same. No change. Can’t seem to find anything different.
Anyone else got it and know what it is?
CT21
(In Norwegian - sorry)

UPDATE: It says in the notes the update will improve connectivity with my Porsche app. The app will allegedly ‘charge’ quicker. I assume this will improve app user experience.

Porsche Taycan PCM OTA UPDATE! (ONA5) Any eastereggs? DA70969E-0F8E-4826-B362-8E6084BC86A6

Porsche Taycan PCM OTA UPDATE! (ONA5) Any eastereggs? E23AB4E8-BE4F-429C-9CF9-A8E8A8AEA4B0

Porsche Taycan PCM OTA UPDATE! (ONA5) Any eastereggs? 57C39EBC-242B-44C9-B2DB-67A2934AC5F7

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
These kind of OTA updates are very country-specific.
Personally, I never had an update like this.
2020 Taycan.

When was the last time you visited the workshop?

OP
OP

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Indeed. It is the first ‘Tesla style’ OTA update I have seen so we are making progress. Curious to see if others are also receiving this update.

OP
OP

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
These kind of OTA updates are very country-specific.
Personally, I never had an update like this.
2020 Taycan.

When was the last time you visited the workshop?
Had it in last week for a campaign (alarm sensor, software updates etc)
Could be they manually updated my software at PC, enabling it to receive OTA PCM updates. I don’t know.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Never had an update like this. 4s+ also in Norway. Will check later tonight if there is one waiting.

I do have a request to come in for an update at the dealership. Second time. Crossing fingers they're letting me beta test colored icons update for 21 models. Guy can dream, right? :CWL:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If Porsche start messing about with Easter eggs like fart noises or light shows, I'm cancelling my order.

The only updates I want are ones that make it work better.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Odd that they apparently have a separate software branch for the old PCM that they are still updating in parallel to the main version. From the photos it seems like you're even running the Taycan exclusive pre-wireless CarPlay version where there are only three quick launch apps.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Had it in last week for a campaign (alarm sensor, software updates etc)
Could be they manually updated my software at PC, enabling it to receive OTA PCM updates. I don’t know.
Well, that was exactly what I was thinking.
I went for an update last week but still no OTA update yet.
Of course I'll post when this happens...😁

OP
OP

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Odd that they apparently have a separate software branch for the old PCM that they are still updating in parallel to the main version. From the photos it seems like you're even running the Taycan exclusive pre-wireless CarPlay version where there are only three quick launch apps.
I have only used CarPlay wireless. What are the 3 quick launch apps you are referring to? I have more than 3 apps in CarPlay.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I have only used CarPlay wireless. What are the 3 quick launch apps you are referring to? I have more than 3 apps in CarPlay.
On the left side of the PCM there are three rows of icons to launch certain apps (Home, car settings and notifications). On MY22 (before the coloured ones), they added two more rows to make it more customizable. I thought that was also when they released wireless CarPlay, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Porsche Taycan PCM OTA UPDATE! (ONA5) Any eastereggs? IMG_0423.JPEG

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Wireless CarPlay came with '21 (the earliest '21 btw). Us "peasants" with '20 and '21 won't be running the latest PCM if what was in that huge thread was true. Legacy automaker being legacy automaker.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Is it different in Europe? I have a 2020 Taycan 4S in the United States that has Wireless CarPlay.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
No. It came to the '20 models later.

No update on my car. I was in a call with Porsche to schedule something and they also told me there was an update I could do over the air, but alas nothing.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
So what I found out is that you need to go into the my Porsche web site (on a laptop or desktop) and enable your car to accept OTA updates. Porsche didn’t advise me of this but I was in there for another reason and found this and dug a little. Takes a few clicks and accepting the terms Ed. But I got my new 2022 set up
Sponsored