PCM OTA UPDATE! (ONA5) Any eastereggs?

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Got ONA5 today in France (MY21). Happy to see we're finally getting some OTA updates on the car :)
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I am still waiting eagely for mine to drop into Spain ? Any other Taycans registered in Spain gotten their ONA5 ?

Gareth Swain

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST
Country flag
Just received my ONA5. Can’t install until I charge the car above the 26% it was resting on. What does it do?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Just received my ONA5. Can’t install until I charge the car above the 26% it was resting on. What does it do?
Good question!
Have you got anymore? It seems we are loosing a number of features in the PCM, but other than that I think the jury is still out

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just received my ONA5. Can’t install until I charge the car above the 26% it was resting on.

You will get a list of what it purports to do if you take a look at the notification in the PCM. Nothing exciting or indeed noticeable- PCM and remote services updates - probably preparing the ground for future updates.

Gareth Swain

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST
Country flag
Ona5 installed. Started it this morning. Went to work and it’s installed. Bring on 06 and 07, whatever they do

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ona5 installed. Started it this morning. Went to work and it’s installed. Bring on 06 and 07, whatever they do
They just did...https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/2nd-ota-update-ona7-deployed%E2%80%A6-including-hv-battery-update.10937/

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good question!
Have you got anymore? It seems we are loosing a number of features in the PCM, but other than that I think the jury is still out
I've noticed some pretty good improvement about the general reliability of the PCM since the update. Wireless carplay now starts within less than 30 secs now (it took nearly 2 minutes in the past, and I had a lot of fails, where it didn't start at all), and the PCM seems a bit less laggy.

Looks like the pre-conditioning of car is also more reliable (I was constantly getting timeout on that feature in the past, and I didn't get a single one since the OTA update.

Hope we'll get more updates like this in the future :)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I've noticed some pretty good improvement about the general reliability of the PCM since the update. Wireless carplay now starts within less than 30 secs now (it took nearly 2 minutes in the past, and I had a lot of fails, where it didn't start at all), and the PCM seems a bit less laggy.

Looks like the pre-conditioning of car is also more reliable (I was constantly getting timeout on that feature in the past, and I didn't get a single one since the OTA update.

Hope we'll get more updates like this in the future :)
Interesting if you have received this update ONA5? I have been told that this is not rolled out in France as yet?? By Porsche SA.
Hope it works well for you.

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My dealer installed ONA5 a week ago. So, for some in the US, it is definitely a mix between OTA and dealer installed. Perhaps tied to age of the vehicle.

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
My dealer installed ONA5 a week ago. So, for some in the US, it is definitely a mix between OTA and dealer installed. Perhaps tied to age of the vehicle.
I picked up my car from workshop yesterday and was told that I probably wouldn`t receive much updates in the future (only critical ones).

The reason was that my car (2020) was outdated (hardware / missing parts)?

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
How to check what version I have?
Sponsored