Suprkar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have a 2021 Taycan. Since day one I have had issues with apple music and internet music. The car does not seem to be able to stream properly.
If I select the song from Apple music or a station from the web it seems to be loading data for a very long period of time then when it does play it cuts in and out with an endless loading data.
I live in New Jersey and this is happening everywhere I go it is not specific to one area.
I have had the car back twice and the service department tells me they don't know what to do.
I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this.
Sponsored

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a 2021 Taycan. Since day one I have had issues with apple music and internet music. The car does not seem to be able to stream properly.
If I select the song from Apple music or a station from the web it seems to be loading data for a very long period of time then when it does play it cuts in and out with an endless loading data.
I live in New Jersey and this is happening everywhere I go it is not specific to one area.
I have had the car back twice and the service department tells me they don't know what to do.
I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this.
I have a 2021 Turbo. I've had issues with CarPlay hooking up via bluetooth, as well as streaming music. My car is at the dealer now for a whole host of PCM/Software issues, including the car changing settings on its own, sometimes the smartlift is listed in General-vehicle-"smartlift", sometimes it is not there. It just came back and erased all my stored locations. the Passenger display was turned off, but it turns it on on its own, and a host of errors such as emergency calling no longer available and emergency stopping. It keeps telling me to check the XM antenna AND I have an AC rattle noise that has been in several times that they cannot fix. Oh yeah, there is a brake fade at times on slow stops like when turning into a parking spot. Sorry to throw-up on the page with my response, but the software is far from perfect.

OP
OP

Suprkar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
I thought I was losing my mind I am having very similar problems.
Menus changing 1 minute I can connect to Sirius XM and the next I cannot. I believe the software for this car was done by a kindergarten student with a crayon.
The car itself is nice and I'm not trying to bash Porsche however they really blew it as far as I'm concerned. I spent as much on this car as I did for my first house and I cannot be more disappointed.

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Same problems with my PCM. It has been terrible since I bought the car. I keep hoping the next upgrade will fix the issues but to no avail. About 1/3 of the time it will not boot up and will lock up. I will loose my stored stations almost once a month, the car takes 3 minutes to boot up and play music if the music does play. I like the way the car drives but the engineers should buy a tesla and see how their softward just works and come up with a new pcm system. I'm thinking about trying to force the dealer to replace my whole pcm unit.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
My car is at the dealer now for a whole host of PCM/Software issues, including the car changing settings on its own, sometimes the smartlift is listed in General-vehicle-"smartlift", sometimes it is not there. It just came back and erased all my stored locations. the Passenger display was turned off, but it turns it on on its own, and a host of errors such as emergency calling no longer available and emergency stopping.
Did these issues get resolved after your visit to the dealer? The Taycan bluetooth connection does not seem to be reliable, and every time I get into my car, I need to search for my phone again.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have all these same issues. I don't think there's anything for the dealer to fix; I think it just needs a software update.

retinadoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I agree that it is the software rather than the computer so I have been reluctant to force the issue of replacing my pcm. I do have two friends with Taycans and they do not seem to have as many complaints about their software as me.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did these issues get resolved after your visit to the dealer? The Taycan bluetooth connection does not seem to be reliable, and every time I get into my car, I need to search for my phone again.
No, almost none of the issues have been resolved. In fact two weeks ago my car flagged a Vehicle light error and a Headlight control error, as well as some discharge I've been having inside the front rims of my PSCB system that is unknown. They have had the car since Friday January 28th, and I keep being told Porsche Germany is involved (as opposed to PCNA which couldn't figure it out), with no anticipated return to me. This is in addition to a whole host of other problems they can not resolve as well. I've owned many many Porsche's all bought new, and never had the types/multitude of problems, or the inability of Porsche to rectify the problems that I have had with this car. The dealership has been stellar, but I think their hands are tied, since Porsche is involved in every reported problem and repair, so we all have to wait for Porsche to figure stuff out on our dime.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
In case anyone is following and can recommend a fix: I went to lunch, Apple Car Play started up immediately playing my music, everything fine. One burrito later, I get in and the icon's gone, no ACP, no way to turn it on, and in PCM it says "Apple Car Play not available." I was able to reconnect my phone to stream music, but the ACP menu won't show on the dash.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
In case anyone is following and can recommend a fix: I went to lunch, Apple Car Play started up immediately playing my music, everything fine. One burrito later, I get in and the icon's gone, no ACP, no way to turn it on, and in PCM it says "Apple Car Play not available." I was able to reconnect my phone to stream music, but the ACP menu won't show on the dash.
Perhaps Porsche did not include burrito induced emissions in their extensive testing? :CWL:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I'm yet to try the taycan, it should arrive tomorrow (it isn't) but at least, I think, it's now in the country. Anyway in our Range Rover and VW Touareg we get some of the apple car play glitches in those too. This is using cable rather than over the air. Radio stops working, sometimes can't connect etc. gps on waze goes missing. Sound on waze stops working eg stops announcing speed cameras :eek: etc. Sometimes both cars get crossed wires if they're trying to connect to the phone in the car and one in the house that has also hooked up, and then loses bluetooth connection when you drive away.

Short version - i think apple car play and bluetooth are partly to blame, not just the taycan. I reserve the right to swear at the PCM when the car arrives and retract the above.

kerryburn

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I echo these comments, based in the UK and I can only join the chorus of people who think Porsche are taking the piss. I regularly cannot connect my phone and see the same. issues as others here. Its a really really poor show. Posting on Linkedin in might be of use as there is a significant presence on there for Porsche, maybe a group of voices works better on there

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The PCM electronics are part (and shared) of the VW Audi group and so these issues will prevail in any of their brands with MIB platform - including Bentley.

I don't use CarPlay (other mobiles are available) and use Apple Music which is embedded from time to time - works well.

shelt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S; '18 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Saturday morning I was happily listening to BBC World Service on Internet Radio streaming. Then it stopped - "unavailable" - "Check Data Connection". Now it's greyed out. The car has 4 bars of Verizon data and the PCM is communicating car data to My Porsche just fine. The Apple Music app has the same error.

I did the soft PCM reboot (two fingers on the upper right of top screen) to no avail. Tried many other things. The PCM insists there is no data service for streaming or Apple Music app, but the car has a solid data connection.

At least CarPlay still works...

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Saturday morning I was happily listening to BBC World Service on Internet Radio streaming. Then it stopped - "unavailable" - "Check Data Connection". Now it's greyed out. The car has 4 bars of Verizon data and the PCM is communicating car data to My Porsche just fine. The Apple Music app has the same error.

I did the soft PCM reboot (two fingers on the upper right of top screen) to no avail. Tried many other things. The PCM insists there is no data service for streaming or Apple Music app, but the car has a solid data connection.

At least CarPlay still works...
A variation on my "Issue #1" which I too have observed (thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/communications-issues-pcm-app-porsche-tracking.9899/).

It has a connection, but seems to refuse to us it. Usually locking the car – walking away (or locking the car turning off internal alarm sensor) – and waiting for anything from 4 to 15 minutes – usually will result in the PCM resetting enough to start working again.
Sponsored

Last edited: