Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi team - got a “new” one. Porsche Connect App won’t “connect” to car unless I’m sitting in it - and right side of the status is always red...can’t get climate to start remotely. My profile is set in the car and the car shows plenty of internal cellular signal.

Any thoughts
Porsche Taycan PCM status “red” on Porsche Connect App...unable to remote start climate 7057A5E6-B7EC-45DC-B6C5-190D29C08D65
or solves would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
That is a frequent problem I am having. Picked my MY2021 Turbo up last December, it has been in maybe 6-7 times now to have this issue fixed and many others. They are all "intermittent" and so very hard for the dealer to fix.
Going back in AGAIN this Thursday for a Porsche Software Update, hopefully that might cure some, if not all the issues
The problem of the app not connecting happens maybe 3-4 times a week at different times and locations.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I get this sometimes too. Yesterday morning it connected fine and was preheated, this morning it wouldn't have it at all. No matter if I reset the app, went into settings etc. This happens to me very regularly now, seems more regular now than before the app was updated. I'm hoping this software update will help :fingerscrossed:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi team - got a “new” one. Porsche Connect App won’t “connect” to car unless I’m sitting in it - and right side of the status is always red...can’t get climate to start remotely. My profile is set in the car and the car shows plenty of internal cellular signal.

Any thoughts
7057A5E6-B7EC-45DC-B6C5-190D29C08D65.jpeg
or solves would be greatly appreciated.
You don't need the lower right quadrant to be connected as this is only for phone to PCM functions e.g. calendar.

Key quadrant is lower left which for all of us is temperamental at best.

Check privacy mode in the PCM as this needs to be open / off and may have reset to 'on'.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I get this failure or inability to set timer so regular leave that at this point I’m just considering the entire function a joke. That’s not a good sign.

have already reached out a Porsche few times, no point really.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s a shame - worth persevering as it works a treat and I rely on it daily.

Have you tried to do the same via My Porsche web site - Car Control, if not try that and see how you go. It is another path to the same thing where timers and profiles can be set (including climate control with no charging).

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s a shame - worth persevering as it works a treat and I rely on it daily.

Have you tried to do the same via My Porsche web site - Car Control, if not try that and see how you go. It is another path to the same thing where timers and profiles can be set (including climate control with no charging).
Hah - on there when I hit “Car control settings” it gives me a spinning wheel and then dumps me right back at the same place without showing any of the car controls :(

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hah - on there when I hit “Car control settings” it gives me a spinning wheel and then dumps me right back at the same place without showing any of the car controls :(
Have you checked the your Privacy controls are set correctly (disabled) for your Porsche ID within the PCM (apologies if you have)? If not then you are effectively locking your vehicle out from remote access such as that required by the App and My Porsche.

Have you activated the services?

The other possibility is that you have an issue with your OTA module which has been problematic for a few.

When do you get your software update - WMA5 / 6 - this might also address some of your specific issues? The app or My Porsche isn’t the issue here but rather the communication to your vehicle.

If all else fails have a read of the attached!

Attachments

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you checked the your Privacy controls are set correctly (disabled) for your Porsche ID within the PCM (apologies if you have)? If not then you are effectively locking your vehicle out from remote access such as that required by the App and My Porsche.

Have you activated the services?

The other possibility is that you have an issue with your OTA module which has been problematic for a few.

When do you get your software update - WMA5 / 6 - this might also address some of your specific issues? The app or My Porsche isn’t the issue here but rather the communication to your vehicle.

If all else fails have a read of the attached!
Yes privacy off and services active. The Porsche server just cannot connect to the cars PCM. Spoke to Porsche’s customer support and they said it seemed to be a “backend” problem - something that the dealer may had missed related to day 1 activation. I have a case number so let’s see what happens. More annoying then truly catastrophic.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes privacy off and services active. The Porsche server just cannot connect to the cars PCM. Spoke to Porsche’s customer support and they said it seemed to be a “backend” problem - something that the dealer may had missed related to day 1 activation. I have a case number so let’s see what happens. More annoying then truly catastrophic.
Did you ever get a solution here? Having the same exact problem. First couple of days with the car the Connect app worked fine but for last three I can’t get the vehicle to connect to the Porsche server. 90 mins on the phone with five different people at Porsche customer service was maddeningly useless. Private mode is off. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. Anyone else have suggestions? Thnx

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's about normal. Intermittent access is what to expect. Not ideal nor do I know why but unless I wake the car up it regularly goes offline (red).

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's about normal. Intermittent access is what to expect. Not ideal nor do I know why but unless I wake the car up it regularly goes offline (red).
Super. Any tips on reconnecting, or is that as random as losing the connection is? Thnx

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When you unlock and power up the car and wait for the LTE connection indicator to be displayed on the PCM can you connect then and immediately afterwards when you power off the car and lock it?

How good a cell signal do you get?

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Intermittent is the word. Works outside my garage pretty well but inside it’s iffy. Found when it’s plugged into the PMCC it connects but unplugged it struggles. Another first world problem I’m just gonna deal with...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Intermittent is the word. Works outside my garage pretty well but inside it’s iffy. Found when it’s plugged into the PMCC it connects but unplugged it struggles. Another first world problem I’m just gonna deal with...
Ok that may well explain why the app can't connect reliably - first world issue for sure!
Sponsored