Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have a experienced a lot of problems with the Connect App before but this is a new one for me.

My car has not reported any drives, km or charge levels update etc, since 28 January this year. I also have not been able to send any commando to start pre heating etc since then. I have been in contact with the Connect helpline a few times, both by mail and several hour long telephone calls. All in vain as the car just will not react. Connect have logged in and can see my car in their system and all looks fine from their side. The have asked me to delete my account and log in again from scratch, but the message back is account not valid Porsche ID or Password is incorrect! I can log in to the app with the the ID and Password as well as the web version in MyPorsche. No problems there at all.

I am now logged in as Guest and can see that all the Connect services that I have are active and valid. I could use Apple Music, Online Radio, Weatherand News in the car, so it clearly is connected to the internet.

Connect support have asked me to reinstall the App etc but no progress. Then they asked me to do a full reset. And the screenshot below is the result. They asked me to scroll to services etc and one thing or the other, but since the PCM is dead there is no way to do anything. They were at loss on what to do and asked for screenshots a few days ago, but so far no info from them. They had no idea on how I could do a restart apart from locking the car and wait etc, but that did not clear the issue.

Has anybody else seen something like this and what was the remedy In such case?

Porsche Taycan PCM stopped working, Connect communication issues C5308270-196F-44DD-8D3D-D099050057CD
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I have a experienced a lot of problems with the Connect App before but this is a new one for me.

My car has not reported any drives, km or charge levels update etc, since 28 January this year. I also have not been able to send any commando to start pre heating etc since then. I have been in contact with the Connect helpline a few times, both by mail and several hour long telephone calls. All in vain as the car just will not react. Connect have logged in and can see my car in their system and all looks fine from their side. The have asked me to delete my account and log in again from scratch, but the message back is account not valid Porsche ID or Password is incorrect! I can log in to the app with the the ID and Password as well as the web version in MyPorsche. No problems there at all.

I am now logged in as Guest and can see that all the Connect services that I have are active and valid. I could use Apple Music, Online Radio, Weatherand News in the car, so it clearly is connected to the internet.

Connect support have asked me to reinstall the App etc but no progress. Then they asked me to do a full reset. And the screenshot below is the result. They asked me to scroll to services etc and one thing or the other, but since the PCM is dead there is no way to do anything. They were at loss on what to do and asked for screenshots a few days ago, but so far no info from them. They had no idea on how I could do a restart apart from locking the car and wait etc, but that did not clear the issue.

Has anybody else seen something like this and what was the remedy In such case?

C5308270-196F-44DD-8D3D-D099050057CD.jpeg
Had this exact same issue three times.
The OTA-module is probably the cause.
It stopped working (self corrupted).
Mine has been replaced twice.
After about 10 weeks it stopped working again.
My car is in for this and the big update.
Maybe the update will solve this issue too.
Fingers crossed...

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/connect-app-stopped-working.3247/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had this exact same issue three times.
The OTA-module is probably the cause.
It stopped working (self corrupted).
Mine has been replaced twice.
After about 10 weeks it stopped working again.
My car is in for this and the big update.
Maybe the update will solve this issue too.
Fingers crossed...
Was yours stuck as per the photo then as well?
I have now let the car sit for first 40 minutes, no chance. And the ove4night, no chance?

Corrupt OTA module? Would the helpline at Connect be able to see that the car is online in such case? They have said all indicators are green from the car!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Was yours stuck as per the photo then as well?
No, just the app wasn't updating the status.
Deleted my account in the car, after that not able to log in again ("wrong password" etc)

Corrupt OTA module? Would the helpline at Connect be able to see that the car is online in such case? They have said all indicators are green from the car!
I'm only telling what my problem was, not necessarily your problem but it surely has the same symptoms.
Those Connect people just see what the latest status is, not the actual status (which is the frozen status)

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As Dee said, almost certainly a corrupt OTA module. Take it to the dealer and insist they check the state of the module. Advise them to check bulletin 2017. The fault condition is U110100; “Component protection active”.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As Dee said, almost certainly a corrupt OTA module. Take it to the dealer and insist they check the state of the module. Advise them to check bulletin 2017. The fault condition is U110100; “Component protection active”.
Car booked in for investigation of OTA and also WMA5 update on April 12th. Earliest they have a loan car available. No problem since we are in a lockdown anyway so not much driving with the Taycan at the moment.

Thanks for feedback.
Sponsored