PCM thinks I am on a phone call every time I start the car

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't remember anyone has reported this bug yet, so add it to the list.

The last 3 times I started the car, when my phone connects to the PCM via bluetooth, the car thinks I am on a call. Of course I am not in a call and my phone is in normal non-call mode. The Radio is muted, the volume button controls the call volume, and the screen displays the red phone button that I have to click to stop the call. Since PCM is still initializing, it is very unresponsive and I have to click the button several times to stop the call and be able to listen to radio. My phone is a Samsung galaxy S20.

For what is worth, I had the same problem in my 2015 Macan with a different phone, but the problem was happening very rarely and never twice in a row when restarting the car. Also at the Macan I could stop the call with pressing a steering wheel button only once.
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here's a stretch, but did this happen before the COVID pandemic? If no, might you have a contact tracing solution installed on your phone that uses inaudible high frequency chirps? If yes, it's possible the app might be using the audio in a way that has Bluetooth active in a way that makes the car think it's a call.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here's a stretch, but did this happen before the COVID pandemic? If no, might you have a contact tracing solution installed on your phone that uses inaudible high frequency chirps? If yes, it's possible the app might be using the audio in a way that has Bluetooth active in a way that makes the car think it's a call.
It was happening to my Macan with a different phone before the Pandeminc and I don't have a tracing app. It looks like a PCM bug that affects Android/Samsung phones.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
That happened to me yesterday. I restarted the phone and it fixed it for that trip.

Chuck J
Sponsored