PCM (US) - How long before paying for carrier service?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Does anybody have an idea how long it will be before I have to add the Taycan to my AT&T account? It is not at all clear to me. Thanks!
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
If I recall, it’s 30 days.

edit: 30 days free trial of WiFi hotspot, data connection to support Apple Music, etc.
36 months for Connect services (see post below)

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I thought 3 years of service was included.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In the US configurator, this is one of the footnotes in the Standard Features list:

**Porsche Connect includes a free subscription period of 36 months. The full range of Porsche Connect services or individual services thereof may not be available in some countries. An integrated LTE-enabled SIM card with data allowance for use of selected Porsche Connect services will be included in some countries. For use of the WiFi hotspot via the integrated, LTE-enabled SIM card, in some of these countries a data package is available to purchase from the Porsche Connect Store. For further information on free subscription periods, follow-on costs and availability of individual services in your country, please visit www.porsche.com/connect or consult your authorized Porsche dealer

Also, there are multiple reports in the forum that Porsche NA switched to Verizon in June. (I can't verify yet; my Taycan is in pre-delivery inspection at the dealership.)
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/search/41315/?q=Verizon&t=post&o=date

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
LTE connects to AT&T in the US now, at least in my car.

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the replies. That is great news.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I'm super confused. I just went to the Connect Store, and there's no service available. Are some US users here actually getting the in-car hotspot working (beyond connecting internally to the car)?

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm super confused. I just went to the Connect Store, and there's no service available. Are some US users here actually getting the in-car hotspot working (beyond connecting internally to the car)?
I was asking more about the core data needed to simply run the car (e.g., maps, weather, news). The LTE service that the car uses to get this data is coming from AT&T/Verizon now, and I was assuming that at some point I would have to start paying for the service. If you want to use the car as a hotpot, then you definitely have to add your car to your data plan to do it. Not sure why you'd want to do this, since you could simply use your phone as a hotspot for the same purpose.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
If you want to use the car as a hotpot, then you definitely have to add your car to your data plan to do it. Not sure why you'd want to do this, since you could simply use your phone as a hotspot for the same purpose
I'm not suggesting actually doing it... just wondering if they had finally made it available. :)
Sponsored