PCM WiFi HotSpot - Can't Connect - Network not visible/available!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I saw a similar older thread here without any resolution (other than it just "started working"...) So I'm starting a new one...

I picked up my car today and I think I've got most things sorted out. However, one of the things which I can not get to work is connecting my phone to the PCM WiFi hotspot. I've come at this several different ways (via "Settings", "Devices", and even tried recreating my account THREE EFFIN TIMES!

In all cases I get the QR Code and the SSID and Password.

- I have tried scanning for the WiFi hotspot - the phone doesn't see it - EVER!
- I have tried using the QR code to create the WiFi connection - my phone processes the QR code but never finds the network!
- I have tried manually creating the Network info by physically entering the SSID and the password - it also never see's the network!

I couldn't care less about data access for my phone (which I don't think its supposed to provide anyway). However it appears I need this connectivity for the Porsche Connect App on my phone to communicate with the PCM.

So what's the poop? Is this supposed to work or not? My car doesn't seem to be broadcasting any WiFi Network at all. (It IS downloading map updates etc via LTE though...)

Anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? (Cause surely it can't be my brand new EXPENSIVE car...)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I saw a similar older thread here without any resolution (other than it just "started working"...) So I'm starting a new one...

I picked up my car today and I think I've got most things sorted out. However, one of the things which I can not get to work is connecting my phone to the PCM WiFi hotspot. I've come at this several different ways (via "Settings", "Devices", and even tried recreating my account THREE EFFIN TIMES!

In all cases I get the QR Code and the SSID and Password.

- I have tried scanning for the WiFi hotspot - the phone doesn't see it - EVER!
- I have tried using the QR code to create the WiFi connection - my phone processes the QR code but never finds the network!
- I have tried manually creating the Network info by physically entering the SSID and the password - it also never see's the network!

I couldn't care less about data access for my phone (which I don't think its supposed to provide anyway). However it appears I need this connectivity for the Porsche Connect App on my phone to communicate with the PCM.

So what's the poop? Is this supposed to work or not? My car doesn't seem to be broadcasting any WiFi Network at all. (It IS downloading map updates etc via LTE though...)

Anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? (Cause surely it can't be my brand new EXPENSIVE car...)
As with the other thread in this forum, my WiFi HotSpot mysteriously showed up.

I tried attaching to it many times on the first day I took delivery with no success. I didn't check the car on the second day of ownership, but today (third day) it was visible right away. Perhaps it takes a day or two for Porsche Connect to remotely configure the service? Shouldn't this normally work right at the dealership when you take delivery?

In any case, I present this info if anyone else notes the same behavior. If you just took delivery, try waiting a day (or two) before trying again...

Here's hoping it keeps working...

Zeus Faber

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looking forward to mine showing up , only on day 3 of trying !!
Sponsored