First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
Morning all
Does anyone know what Porsche GB’s maximum deposit is for PCP finance? It’s a Porsche owned dealership, not a franchise. I’ve been given 2 figures so far by my sales exec.
Thanks
Andrew
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
My Taycan was £97797 and I paid £35797 deposit as I wanted my monthly payments to equate to, pretty much, just the interest on the final payment/GFV.

Porsche Taycan PCP maximum deposit Screenshot_2022-09-03-10-51-35-83_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f

OP
OP

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Will be interesting to get the sales exec’s feedback as max he has quoted me is 40%

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
That’s £1800 ish a month. Madness!
Why? . I've just paid my £61726 final payment but have had offers of circular £88K-£90K for the car.
That makes it the one of the lowest depreciating car I've ever owned.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Agreed that depreciation is low. What I was meaning is paying 43k over the 25 months & having nothing at the end & hoping that there is residual of 20k to go into next one. If there is 20k at the end I guess it’s not a bad deal. Basically £900 a month. But I don’t see prices holding over the next few years. We are going to see a big correction and there’s going to be buying opportunities for cash.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Why? . I've just paid my £61726 final payment but have had offers of circular £88K-£90K for the car.
That makes it the one of the lowest depreciating car I've ever owned.
If you were to get £90k, it would only have cost you c£15k over 2 years, which is very good for a £100k car.

And actual depreciation is only £8k (less than 10%) over the 2 years. Also really good.

I do similar to you in using PCP. Put in a big deposit and paying the balloon to own the car.
It works well for me.
Offers a few more options and I aim to make more on the capital than the Apr over the term before paying the balloon.

I think a lot of people just have minimum deposit and just bounce onto the next PCP using any 'equity' (equivalent to leasing).

That's fine unless the music suddenly stops (retirement / high interest rates / no cars available etc).

OP
OP

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
From my sales contact today when I pressed him on max deposit.

"The reason for the differing max deposits, is because of the final payment and the balance funded, so generally, the longer the term the larger the max deposit."

This seems counter to the general consensus on here that max deposit is 50% whatever.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
50% for 2 years and the minimum is 18 mths (UK). So what is "longer' and better?

OP
OP

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
Bumping this as I'm finally collecting the car in a couple of weeks but still none the wiser on what the max deposit can be on a 3 year PCP. I'd like to put £40k in but the sales exec has confirmed that the below is the max. the reasoning being that "we are unable to put anymore in because of the size of residual compared to the balance in between, so it can’t be more than the final payment"?

Porsche Taycan PCP maximum deposit 1665514097299

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Bumping this as I'm finally collecting the car in a couple of weeks but still none the wiser on what the max deposit can be on a 3 year PCP. I'd like to put £40k in but the sales exec has confirmed that the below is the max. the reasoning being that "we are unable to put anymore in because of the size of residual compared to the balance in between, so it can’t be more than the final payment"?

1665514097299.png
50% with Porsche is the max and likely the same across the VW group.