PDCC Sport - how useful is it?

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Hi guys and happy to meet you,
I'm preparing to place my order for a CT, probably in volcano grey.
Does anyone ordered the PDCC option and is actively using it? Can you turn it on off or there's no way to tell the difference? Sorry if this was responded elsewhere, as soon as I logged in, I lost the ability to search threads. I can search only my own threads now (FF, WIN10).
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You can’t control it and is a ‘thing’ across the Porsche range. Not tried on Taycan (many on the forum will have) but as the chassis is first class to begin with the advantages of PDCC may not be discernible unless you are a rally or F1 type of driver.

With the low Centre of Gravity (CoG) due to the battery position the car for most purposes stays flat on cornering. Remember you have PASM & Air Suspension to do a lot of the black magic for you.

If budget is of no concern I’d go for it along with PTV and then you’ll have all the toys but just bear in mind other than knowing you paid for them you may not experience their worth in normal use.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
It makes a big difference, even in day-to-day driving as the body roll is limited and the car also does a better job of hiding bumps.

When you drive hard it is even more noticeable but after driving a car with and without it, I’d say get it.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I had PDCC on a Cayenne and it made a very noticeable difference. The Taycan is a different animal, of course, with a much lower center of gravity to begin with so the effects of PDCC won't be as dramatic. That said, every review I've seen has remarked on how well the system works in the background (no way to "turn it off") to help keep the car flat in turns without contributing harshness to the ride.

I don't have my car yet so I'll just say that I ordered PDCC.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It will use more battery. I wouldn't be suprised if PDCC knocks off 10 to 20 miles of range.

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Thanks, might add it, the range impact is not significant, though the price of this add on is not small.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't know about the greater battery use resulting in losing 10-20 miles of range, but it definitely uses energy so there would have to be some range lost. That said, as others have mentioned I believe it's well worth it, even for daily driving, just to control the body roll. For all drives, except those where I would really prefer no law enforcement show up or where my passenger is my disapproving wife, I use the PDCC sport setting. Normal allows just a tad too much roll for my taste.
Sponsored