Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S and absolutely love it, so much so, I‘m thinking of changing it for a Turbo.

For those who have PDCC (I don’t have this on the 4S), this is described on the configurator as ‘PDCC Sport’. My last car, a 991.2 Targa 4 GTS, had PDCC and I loved the ride quality (for a 911), and would like to replicate that in the Taycan if I can. As I get older, I find that ride comfort and quietness of drive have become more important to me which is why I like the Taycan so much. I am clear in my mind that I do not want sports suspension. i understand PDCC controls lateral movement, but I don’t know if this is the same as sports suspension on this model. Can anyone help with this question please?

Thanks in advance.

Philip
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
PDCC in the Taycan is an active air suspension system. In addition to actively significantly reducing body roll when cornering (depending on the chassis mode setting), it can stiffen up the rebound from bumps and potholes or soften it up. The normal chassis setting is fairly compliant - quite comfortable for cruising. I find it allows a little too much body roll for my liking. Sport Plus is very tight - what you want if you are hitting the track, having a really fun day, or just decide that curvy mountain road just needs to be chewed up. I find sport to be the perfect compromise and that's my setting for daily driving except when my wife is in the car, then I go for normal. PDCC with the sport chrono is great since you have instant switching among the modes without having to dive into the central display menus (at least three button pushes). PDCC + Sport Chrono + RWS (real wheel steering) are must-haves IMHO. Plenty of other must haves but there are also plenty of other threads discussing how people would change their spec the next time around. Me? I'd only consider changing the color, and possibly adding the rear AC controls.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
@Norfolkporsche I think you know enough to know PDCC is NOT the air suspension as the above post says, so I'm not going to bother refuting. PDCC Sport is not what would be referred to as sport suspension. Proof: look at the standard equipment for a Panamera GTS. It includes "Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Sport (-10mm)" (which IS sport suspension). However, it also has the option for PDCC Sport.

That being said, note that Porsche includes PDCC as standard on the 911 Turbo S and Panamera Turbo S but NOT the Taycan Turbo S. So Porsche must feel it's not necessary given the low COG.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hate being wrong because I'm in a rush. Tay Tay is correct. My apologies. I love both - PASM because of the ability to raise/lower to avoid various road issues and to control ride compliance, and PDCC because of the body roll control. Taycan does have low COG but it will still roll a bit on the normal chassis setting.

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks very much. PDCC it is (with Sport Chrono and Rear Wheel Steer)!

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Adding PDCC changes the stabilizer bars from solid to computer controlled - compliant in normal mode to stiff in sport+ (not sure of range mode setting).

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
PDCC is amazing.

The car just stays flat, its sureal.

I'm sure i wouldn't have missed it if i did't know otherwise, but I'm sold now!

I cant wait for my next corner.

PTV+ is harder to gauge, but I enjoy pushing the car round corners.

The stability is bewildering.
Sponsored