PEC LA delivery pushed out two months

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I just got word that my mid October planned PEC Los Angeles delivery is not going to happen until December of this year. I found out this morning when the car (a 4S cross turismo) arrived at port. They’ll be rerouting the car to the dealer for delivery at my request.

Word to the wise: If you’ve got PEC LA scheduled and you don’t have months to spare, maybe just cancel it and don’t plan any trips around it like I did!

Not super impressive communication coming from porsche, the dealer (Bay Area), or PEC these days. I had great experiences with prior cars, this makes me wonder if they’ve had trouble retaining employees due to Covid.

Fingers crossed the missing parts show up quickly!
Sponsored

Last edited:

wallace

First Name
Wallace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
I just ordered my Taycan for January delivery and was planning to do the PEC delivery. My sales rep was kind enough to give me the heads up that would delay delivery by several weeks so I took it off before ordering. I am not sure why that is the case, but who knows with supply chains right now.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I just ordered my Taycan for January delivery and was planning to do the PEC delivery. My sales rep was kind enough to give me the heads up that would delay delivery by several weeks so I took it off before ordering. I am not sure why that is the case, but who knows with supply chains right now.
Oh no. I am scheduled with PEC LA with a January delivery. My rep said a few weeks. I am not prepared for 2 months. Now I need to reconsider before the lock in date.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I just got word that my mid October planned PEC Los Angeles delivery is not going to happen until December of this year. I found out this morning when the car (a 4S cross turismo) arrived at port. They’ll be rerouting the car to the dealer for delivery at my request.

Word to the wise: If you’ve got PEC LA scheduled and you don’t have months to spare, maybe just cancel it and don’t plan any trips around it like I did!

Not super impressive communication coming from porsche, the dealer (Bay Area), or PEC these days. I had great experiences with prior cars, this makes me wonder if they’ve had trouble retaining employees due to Covid.

Fingers crossed the missing parts show up quickly!
When you decided to reroutedto the dealer, are they going to refund your $500 PEC. If they are waiting for parts are you really delaying with the PEC?

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
They only do 2 deliveries a day and it’s not 7 days a week. That being said - I don’t think it’ll be 2 months. My car was delivered in May before the big shortages but my dealer said the same thing and I called his bluff. I was able to get scheduled the same month my car was expected at the dealer. The experience is 10000x than a dealer delivery and the guys actually know the car in and out.

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PEC notified me about the date and I pushed hard to pull it in to no avail. I’m assuming they’ll be refunding the $500. The dealer has actually not been involved in this discussion at all. I’ve been told independently by the dealer that the repair parts (TPMS) are arriving this week or next week timeframe.

I would expect a two month delay, PEC wouldn’t even lock my schedule date until the car arrived from port, I tried that option about a month ago.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
My dealer (Porsche Marin) told me to skip the PEC and just order the package separately, as the cargo ships come in through Benicia, so easier to just get the car delivered to your dealer as oppose to LA. Schedule the $500 trip separately.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Man, whoever you’re working with is better informed than the person at porsche Marin that I’m working with.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
My dealer (Porsche Marin) told me to skip the PEC and just order the package separately, as the cargo ships come in through Benicia, so easier to just get the car delivered to your dealer as oppose to LA. Schedule the $500 trip separately.

-ThinkMac-
Only benefit to taking delivery at the PEC LA instead of going separately is you save $50 and get a meal at the 917 restaurant.

OP
OP
Bry5on

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Touché. You’re welcome to poke around mine any time if you have questions about options, etc!
Sponsored