f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My son and I had a great afternoon at the Porsche Experience at Silverstone yesterday afternoon.
It confirmed I am glad I ordered a CT 4S but added to the frustration about my very long wait. Probably of little consequence to somebody 40 years old and I am 72 now, 71 when ordered and that is a big proportion of my remainIng life I have been waiting :(

I have driven a CT Taycan 3 times now, twice on 20” wheels once on the 21” cross Turismo wheels I like so much and have ordered and the ride definitely seemed better both times on the 20”.
Since I am an old bloke and the quietness and comfort of the Taycan are at least as big attractions for me as its performance I am wondering about changing to 20”, though the car should be in build by now so maybe too late.

The best bit was probably the low grip surface stuff, since driving on Tarmac is easily available everywhere.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I have driven a CT Taycan 3 times now, twice on 20” wheels once on the 21” cross Turismo wheels I like so much and have ordered and the ride definitely seemed better both times on the 20”.
Were you able to experience PDCC, RAS or anything else you specced but hadn't been able to try/see previously?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
It’s a fun afternoon. Did you pay the extra for your son or did you split the driving? I have 2 sons keen to come with me!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It’s a fun afternoon. Did you pay the extra for your son or did you split the driving? I have 2 sons keen to come with me!
If you all want to drive the Taycan all you can do is split time (at no cost). It's not possible to pay the £472 for the "guest experience" in a Taycan. That is only available in their ICE cars.

Not sure if you can bring more than one guest - you should check with the PEC.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you all want to drive the Taycan all you can do is split time (at no cost). It's not possible to pay the £472 for the "guest experience" in a Taycan. That is only available in their ICE cars.

Last time I sent 2 guests (son and girlfriend) and no issue.

Still have a PEC invite to use up but I think I'll donate that to my niece and partner.

The wet stuff / ice road were the most entertaining. Off road part is good too.

All instructors are first rate.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
My son is 8yo - will he be allowed with the instructor and myself in the car or will he have to spend 3 hours in a lounge?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
My son is 8yo - will he be allowed with the instructor and myself in the car or will he have to spend 3 hours in a lounge?
In the PEC brochure it says guests aged under 16 have to be supervised by an adult at all times but also guests cannot accompany you in the car

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not possible to pay the £472 for the "guest experience" in a Taycan. That is only available in their ICE cars
This is not my experience. In the list of cars I was given for my guest to choose from it included Taycan 4S and Taycan 4S Cross Turismo. He went for a 911 Carrera S anyway but the choice was there

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I know that - I was asking Frank what he did

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
In the PEC brochure it says guests aged under 16 have to be supervised by an adult at all times but also guests cannot accompany you in the car
Thanks - I’ll give them a ring… sounds a bit of a rubbish rule to deter people bringing younger children. Can’t see why he wouldn’t be allowed to ride as a passenger, I can even bring my own puke bags 👀

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks - I’ll give them a ring… sounds a bit of a rubbish rule to deter people bringing younger children. Can’t see why he wouldn’t be allowed to ride as a passenger, I can even bring my own puke bags 👀
I thought I'd check about the passenger rule after I posted but I couldn't actually find it in the brochure when I reread it or any info they've sent me so it's possible I just read that on here rather than directly from PEC. It does always refer to your guest as a 'spectating guest' so maybe that's explicit enough. It might be an insurance problem to allow passengers in the car but, yeah, give them a ring to find out for sure rather than listening to a bloke you don't know speculating on an internet forum

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can’t see it anywhere about passengers either, but I am sure you are correct. I think I asked a few years ago when I went. No passengers and adult supervision for anyone under 16 at all times

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can’t see it anywhere about passengers either, but I am sure you are correct. I think I asked a few years ago when I went. No passengers and adult supervision for anyone under 16 at all times
Phone them when booking to make them aware and don't just rock up.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Were you able to experience PDCC, RAS or anything else you specced but hadn't been able to try/see previously?
RAS was fitted to the car I drove. I didn’t do a back to back compare so no comment on handling, apart from it was good - if big and heavy. Turning round at the end of the skid pan area was noticeably good so I am certainly keeping it. Still not sure PDCC is worth it for me and am reconsidering the 21” CT wheels even though they are the only Taycan wheels I really like.
Sponsored