Per Dealer: Jan 2022 PCM 6.0 System Update - "No Plans at this time..."

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
  • UK MY22 Delivered last week of December 2021. PCM 6.0 /p36
  • PCM update announced on PAG website Jan 24 2022.
  • Porsche System Update Newsroom Link
  • So naturally I reach out to my dealer to ask when I can expect this update on my 4 week old car
  • "There are no plans at this time regarding a upgrade/retrofit for PCM generations of your Taycan..."

Extraordinary!!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
  • So naturally I reach out to my dealer to ask when I can expect this update on my 4 week old car
  • "There are no plans at this time regarding a upgrade/retrofit for PCM generations of your Taycan..."

Extraordinary!!
It's the 'Porsche Way' I'm afraid and they'll argue that there has to be a cut-off at some point in production otherwise they'd continually be chasing their tail. Remember also that your car was built some months ago and components for the build would have been prior to that.

Far from ideal and not akin to legacy support on mobile phones, computers etc.

I got a different response from my Sales guy last week for my MY21 4S - he said that they had started recalling cars for a software update and the context was PCM - I'm not 100% convinced but if true then you should be in line for that.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag

Extraordinary!!
My sales rep told me that they would begin upgrading existing MY22 cars in week 7 and onward.

Edit: I called and checked, since I'm actually finally going to get my car tomorrow. They confirmed that they would schedule an upgrade to the new PCM version next week for me.

Last edited:

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
My sales rep told me that they would begin upgrading existing MY22 cars in week 7 and onward.

Edit: I called and checked, since I'm actually finally going to get my car tomorrow. They confirmed that they would schedule an upgrade to the new PCM version next week for me.

This is correct, it should be available near the end of this month. Not sure if OTA or not but hopefully it is available as an OTA.

Porsche Taycan Per Dealer: Jan 2022 PCM 6.0 System Update - "No Plans at this time..." 1644245394828

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is OTA?
"Over The Air", as in downloaded from the Internet rather than having the car updated physically at the dealership.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
This is correct, it should be available near the end of this month. Not sure if OTA or not but hopefully it is available as an OTA.

1644245394828.png
Where did you see that ? Do you have the link ?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great info, thanks!

Does anyone know if they have been doing this for the 911 or Panamera since those were supposed to be available by week 4? Especially useful (for me) to know if they were 1-2 years old, since i have a 2020 tqycan.

the wording here is clear that it is for Taycan, not 2022 Taycan, etc. So interesting info.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
Great info, thanks!

Does anyone know if they have been doing this for the 911 or Panamera since those were supposed to be available by week 4? Especially useful (for me) to know if they were 1-2 years old, since i have a 2020 tqycan.

the wording here is clear that it is for Taycan, not 2022 Taycan, etc. So interesting info.

The wording still lacks some clarity because pre MY22 911/Cayenne/Panamera had a completely different PCM. I hope this update come to all PCM6 cars but my personal guess is that it will be MY22 and up that get it.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The wording still lacks some clarity because pre MY22 911/Cayenne/Panamera had a completely different PCM. I hope this update come to all PCM6 cars but my personal guess is that it will be MY22 and up that get it.
yeah it is unclear since it was not specific (eg “all taycans”)

it may be that the software can be configured for different hardware versions…or not.

we will know soon enough.

Arc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Country flag

When was your car built?
Im picking up december built 4S in two days and I’m curious if I will also be getting an update within a few weeks.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I don’t know how Porsche handles this. But with my BMW X5 45e the wouldn’t update the Idrive either unless there was a problem. Fortunately if you are on these fora a lot you can chose your own problem even if you don’t have it. For example car play not working as it should was a popular complaint to try to get an update. Apparently it takes a couple of hours to do the update and they don’t like to do that for nothing.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When was your car built?
Im picking up december built 4S in two days and I’m curious if I will also be getting an update within a few weeks.
I can't remember the exact date, but it was built early January (just before the press release, sadly). I would assume that all dealers have gotten the same info from Porsche Sweden, so I suggest that you call your sales rep and check with them.
Sponsored