Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Have you been given a date for your upgrade yet? Please post pics of the before and after.
Nothing yet. They said that they would contact me next week.
Sponsored

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Just saw a new you tube video of someone evaluating a new Taycan in the mountains, in snow, in Germany somewhere (the one where they got stuck). It had the new PCM updates. I assume that means the cars being built now have it…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm sorry, I thought Porsche had entered the 21 century...?! Come on! Tesla has been doing this for nearly a decade! With all the buggy software the Taycan suffers from, they better upgrade it. How can they not figure this out? Is it a hardware limitation already after two years of production? Its not like the infotainment is doing anything especially taxing? I got my MY22 CT4 three weeks ago, and maybe I was naive, but I fully expected that a MY22 car would be "future proof" more than three weeks into the year!
ROFL - Porsche’s definition of OTA update is that they tell you via eMail to take your car to the dealer for a software update that the tech doesn’t know exists or how to install…

the existing guys have a big job in front of them - they simply are not wired/cultured to provide software updates to vehicles already shipped or manufactured…

watching Porsche do software is like watching Tesla attempt to implement a braking system - both are failing miserably and yet don’t understand how to fix it.

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
ROFL - Porsche’s definition of OTA update is that they tell you via eMail to take your car to the dealer for a software update that the tech doesn’t know exists or how to install…

the existing guys have a big job in front of them - they simply are not wired/cultured to provide software updates to vehicles already shipped or manufactured…

watching Porsche do software is like watching Tesla attempt to implement a braking system - both are failing miserably and yet don’t understand how to fix it.
I always said, if you could build a car engineered by Porsche but running Tesla software….now that would be utopia!

The only issue would be it would be 3 years late coming to market after preview!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Just saw a new you tube video of someone evaluating a new Taycan in the mountains, in snow, in Germany somewhere (the one where they got stuck). It had the new PCM updates. I assume that means the cars being built now have it…
Can you share the video?

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
As I’ve mentioned on another thread, I’ve learned from Porsche GB today via my dealer that there are currently no plans to update MY22 Taycans to the latest PCM software build, but that a decision may be made in the future to provide this update, which would be orchestrated via a visit to a Porsche dealership service department.
And this is why I think Porsche is going
to drag it’s feet about updating anything but the latest builds to the new pcm version. It can’t be done via ota and as all
of us who have been through the other sw upgrades it takes a significant amount of dealer time to do them.. it’s an expensive proposition.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
mine is scheduled for the same day, 18FE. CW7 in Germany starts on the 14th of Feb (Monday). I’ve been wondering about that as well.
Yesterday, my 2/18 build was pushed to 3/11. Same for you? Heck my config freeze date moved to 2/28

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Yesterday, my 2/18 build was pushed to 3/11. Same for you? Heck my config freeze date moved to 2/28
Wow, that’s a big slip!

my date still shows 18FE. I don’t have much of the stuff that has been causing shortages on my option list though. I don’t have the fancy headlights, any of the autopilot stuff, no hud, I don’t even have the power steering column. Most all of my upgrades were the mechanical items, not electrical.

I guess I’ll find out tomorrow if it actually goes into production…..

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
My freeze point got pushed to March 03 for a final delivery of May 27, used to be May 1st…
Sponsored