First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This was a bit of a revelation.

I came across this website which has some really great information on the Taycan for the smart guys.

The most interesting point was that the Performance Battery appears to not have the same voltage as the Performance Plus Battery. 600v vs the 800v or thereabouts.

Here is a link which refers to the spec sheet https://electrek.co/2021/01/19/you-can-now-buy-a-porsche-taycan-in-the-us-for-under-80000/

Wondering if anyone else has additional information.
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Thanks for posting this video. I wish I had seen this before finalizing my order. I would have added the 150 kw charger to the configuration.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting this video. I wish I had seen this before finalizing my order. I would have added the 150 kw charger to the configuration.
This has been discussed before on this forum. I don't think you have much too worry about. I took a look at the specs for the Signet and ABB chargers and they all do 800v. Someone else may be able to comment as to how likely you are to come across a 400v station.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This was a bit of a revelation.

I came across this website which has some really great information on the Taycan for the smart guys.

The most interesting point was that the Performance Battery appears to not have the same voltage as the Performance Plus Battery. 600v vs the 800v or thereabouts.

Here is a link which refers to the spec sheet https://electrek.co/2021/01/19/you-can-now-buy-a-porsche-taycan-in-the-us-for-under-80000/

Wondering if anyone else has additional information.
Very useful 45 minute watch.
?
I wish I had seen this when I was ordering my car.
I got the right spec, but didn't understand a lot of it at the time, as it was my first EV.

If I had seen this, it would have answered so many questions that I was struggling to get answers to.
Sponsored