Permanent overboost power from Redshift?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I would love to have more power but can’t loose my warranty. Not with how expensive and how common failures are. Just got out of an over a 50k repair so no chance I’m risking the warranty.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I would love to have more power but can’t loose my warranty. Not with how expensive and how common failures are. Just got out of an over a 50k repair so no chance I’m risking the warranty.
$50K repair. what was it?

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
+1 on this, just too much exposure...

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Just curious, if max hp on turbo s is around 750hp then how do they claim 800+hp?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
😲 You could almost get a used Taycan for that with a working battery and booster.
Tell me about it. Exactly why I will not own this one out of warranty. They really need to either get the repair costs in check or extended the battery warranty when it get replaced. To top it off the repair took a little over four months.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tell me about it. Exactly why I will not own this one out of warranty. They really need to either get the repair costs in check or extended the battery warranty when it get replaced. To top it off the repair took a little over four months.
Then again, $50K is probably still cheaper than upgrading even a MY24 Taycan Turbo to MY25 to get push-to-pass, but the $50K is just a risk exposure not a payment up front. Note that in order to void in the warranty in the US a) the mod has to be detected and b) that Porsche has to show how it caused the damage in question.

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
guys, why does Porsche limit the power to LC and P2P (Push to Pass)? Is it for range ratings? Reliability? That's what my local SA told me and it makes sense.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
guys, why does Porsche limit the power to LC and P2P (Push to Pass)? Is it for range ratings? Reliability? That's what my local SA told me and it makes sense.
Nobody knows for sure, but the reasons you cited are very likely. I know Tesla used to silently limit launches (the car max power would drop after x launches, without the customer knowing) after some number of launches. I hear Fisker Ocean has a 500 launch lifetime limit too, but at least they display the counter on the car UI. With Porsche it might also be some marketing reason too, some legacy sentiment like the ignition button.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Has anyone had any experience with Redshift power boost? They claim to be operating out of San Francisco area.
https://www.redshift-performance.com/taycan
1707375299191.png
I believe @Mr.Smith has done this mod. I too would love to know how he likes it and if he feels the upgrade was worth the price. Also would like to know if he has any hesitancy in bringing his car in for service....I understand this tune isn't very easily detectable, but if a deeper level of diagnostics was required and if they found the tune, would Porsche automatically flag the car and void the warranty, even if there were no issues with the battery or related components?

I have a McLaren 720s still under the original factory warranty, and McLaren is SUPER strict with their warranty! I would love to do an ECU tune and crank out an additional +200hp, shoot flames through the exhaust, etc, but you do anything to the ECU and McLaren finds out (which apparently in a McLaren is very easily detectable), and you immediately get your warranty voided, and your car is flagged across McLaren worldwide. At that point, it becomes hard to even get an aftermarket warranty.

So yes, I would love to do this mod for my Taycan GTS and get the full power of the Turbo S, all the time! That would be amazing, but I'm very weary of the potential warranty implication.

@Mr.Smith, please share your experiences with us!

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I believe @Mr.Smith has done this mod. I too would love to know how he likes it and if he feels the upgrade was worth the price. Also would like to know if he has any hesitancy in bringing his car in for service....I understand this tune isn't very easily detectable, but if a deeper level of diagnostics was required and if they found the tune, would Porsche automatically flag the car and void the warranty, even if there were no issues with the battery or related components?

I have a McLaren 720s still under the original factory warranty, and McLaren is SUPER strict with their warranty! I would love to do an ECU tune and crank out an additional +200hp, shoot flames through the exhaust, etc, but you do anything to the ECU and McLaren finds out (which apparently in a McLaren is very easily detectable), and you immediately get your warranty voided, and your car is flagged across McLaren worldwide. At that point, it becomes hard to even get an aftermarket warranty.

So yes, I would love to do this mod for my Taycan GTS and get the full power of the Turbo S, all the time! That would be amazing, but I'm very weary of the potential warranty implication.

@Mr.Smith, please share your experiences with us!
My dealer cant see the mod and they know all about it. We found the reason is the ASG does not log any data. Thats the trick here

I cant vouch for the hardware (battery and motors) in 5 years of heavy use, but I always say that EVs are cell phones that you use for a few years and toss it. Proof is the new J1 II almost makes the J1 obsolete

As far as your GTS, its the same hardware as the Turbo S, just that the Turbo S has a 600amp inverter on the front motor to give a better 0-60.
FYI Im working with them for a 600amp inverter for the Non Turbo S cars. Its possible

My review is here, including the new drivabilty setting that was recently discovered
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/rs-e-tron-gt-finally-how-it-should-be.19126/

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
My dealer cant see the mod and they know all about it. We found the reason is the ASG does not log any data. Thats the trick here

I cant vouch for the hardware (battery and motors) in 5 years of heavy use, but I always say that EVs are cell phones that you use for a few years and toss it. Proof is the new J1 II almost makes the J1 obsolete

As far as your GTS, its the same hardware as the Turbo S, just that the Turbo S has a 600amp inverter on the front motor to give a better 0-60.
FYI Im working with them for a 600amp inverter for the Non Turbo S cars. Its possible

My review is here, including the new drivabilty setting that was recently discovered
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/rs-e-tron-gt-finally-how-it-should-be.19126/
They are just like cellphones, albeit 150x more expensive!! I think that makes them not quite so 'disposable'.

Agree with comments about not wanting to own one without a warranty. Although repairs on my old panamera turbo seemed to never be covered on the porsche extended warranty. "Oh, that's wear and tear Sir....." 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored