Personalized License / Vanity Plates - What's Yours?

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Debated getting a personalized plate for a while as it seemed my ideas were just too tacky or unoriginal. But put the order in anyways today...

Porsche Taycan Personalized License / Vanity Plates - What's Yours? license plate ELETRSH

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
What is feasible, and its cost, stronly varies with country.
I am only familiar with UK and a bit the US but they are very, very different to each other!
Ohio it’s an extra $50 a year and more options than in the UK (without spending mega money). my plate in the UK only cost £400 and didn’t require an annual fee. I had GH55 RAH - my initials and my ex-wife’s initials - obviously I didn’t keep the plate :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Ohio it’s an extra $50 a year and more options than in the UK (without spending mega money). my plate in the UK only cost £400 and didn’t require an annual fee. I had GH55 RAH - my initials and my ex-wife’s initials - obviously I didn’t keep the plate :)
Quite but the thing is in the US you can end up with a really nice plate at fairly low cost whereas in the UK you either have one which nobody but you understands, is miles from sensible but can be made almost readable as a word with spacing or fonts (13 for B, 5 for S etc) or you are into really huge sums of money.
A simple number like mine (bought 25 years ago) is crazy expensive nowadays or if it is old or genuinely spells a word without artifice some are fetching 6-figure prices.

parmi

First Name
Parmi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tycan cross
Country flag
I have a GTS on order, probably arrive Dec 2022. Could not resist the number plate...

Porsche Taycan Personalized License / Vanity Plates - What's Yours? PXL_20220117_115017982~2

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
6 FD on a 1991 Mercedes 500E
I've got incorrect spacing on all my plates and (touch wood) never had a problem as they're all legal font and letter size. Love the plate by the way, I did think putting my GU12ZLE plate on the Taycan might be a bit of fun but as it's my wife's car she wants hers on there instead.
I only ever space the front plate, not the rear, and have only ever had a problem from an officer on foot patrol who reported me?