NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Yes, I have used EC in Hope, except there was a line up on Sunday!
Sponsored

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
The only trick I am aware of when the PC charger fails, is to really hold up the plug and cable to make sure there is a tight connection during initialization, once it starts charging you can let go. This worked for me in Golden. If the charger says time-out, the trick doesn’t seem to work. So far only Charger 1 in Langley has this timeout issue. I used many other PC chargers in BC and Alberta now.
My sessions started OK, but stopped after a few minutes. Bad system if the user has to hold up the cord to get it to work!

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I had problems at the Petro Canada chargers in Hope on Sunday. The session would start, then abruptly stop after a few minutes. Both chargers did the same thing. Also had that issue in Golden BC a few days prior. Any other Canadians watching this thread have issues with Petro Canada?
Only used PC EV charging stations twice in Quebec outside of Montreal and it worked fine, around 100-150kw as I recall. I have yet to try EC stations to see how it performs....

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've used the local PC DC charger in Vancouver, it's my go to for fast charging. I usually charge to 80%, but a few times over for road trips.

Average 17%-80% in 26mins. starting around 160-175kW, stays around 170-178 then tapers down to 150 near 70%, around 100 for 80%, after 80 goes down to 70-50 and down as it nears 100%

Gsdodd

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My sessions started OK, but stopped after a few minutes. Bad system if the user has to hold up the cord to get it to work!
The last two sessions I have had at PC in Ontario have resulted in fails. The charger initialized then stops.
Sponsored