Phantom Car alarm

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had the car home from taking possession no less than an hour parked in the garage and got my first phantom car alarm. Deactivated the alarm and chalked it up to me doing something stupid or bumping the key or whatever. Set the key on a counter with my phone by itself and 15 minutes later the car did it again.

Immediately called my sales rep, they talked to their master tech and gave a ring to Porsche NA. They're troubleshooting the same issue on another car at the dealer currently and believe it's tracked to Settings -> Locking -> Interior Alarm. They recommended I turn off/uncheck Interior Alarm. I did this and sure enough the car stopped freaking out randomly.

Come to today and I'm working in the garage and needed to throw something in the car, didn't have my key. Unlocked the car with my phone, put the thing in my car, locked the car. 15 minutes later I get a notification on my phone "The air conditioning of your vehicle has been completed", and then less than a minute later "Your vehicle triggered an alarm". I scrambled through the house for the key and turned off the alarm.

Went back into the car, checked Settings -> Locking, and sure enough "Interior Alarm Monitor" had re-activated itself. I deactivated it again, and so far it's been quiet for the remainder of the day.

Anyone else run into this? I know the phantom alarm has been seen before, but I'm perplexed as to why "Interior Alarm Monitor" is turning itself back on. All three times this has happend, it's always been one minute after the odd car choosing to air condition itself after shut down. I plan on following up with the shop tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen a similar situation. Thanks in advance.

Porsche Taycan Phantom Car alarm IMG-5379.PNG
Sponsored

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Just to try to help, there is a thread about this in the forum. I think there is something related to the app if I recall. I believe people have either been double pressing the lock button so it will deactivate the alarm till porsche figure out a solution.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I have had the alarm issue since I first got my CT
Your posts reminds me of the air conditioning notification I would get on the app……I had forgot about that. Mine had the alarm issue in the early days. I deleted the Porsche Connect app and haven’t had any false alarms or oddly enough the “air conditioning of you car has been completed”…..not sure if they are related of not. I haven’t had a issue since and most of the time I just let the car lock itself and haven’t had an false alarms…. Good luck
Sponsored