thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I thought I'd start a wiki post to collect a list of phone apps relevant to Taycan ownership. We'll see how this goes.

Porsche Provided

NamePlatformRegionDescription
Charging NAAndroid/iPhoneNorth AmericaPorsche Charging Service app
ChargingAndroid/iPhoneEuropePorsche Charging Service app
(Porsche) ConnectAndroid/iPhoneglobalControl car features by phone, charging and account settings
Porsche Good to KnowAndroid/iPhoneglobalQuick reference guide
Porsche Parking PlusAndroid/iPhoneNorth AmericaFind parking spots

Charging Networks

ChargePointAndroid/iPhoneglobalAccess ChargePoint charging network
EasyGOAndroid/iPhoneIrelandMajor privately run public charging network
ecar connectAndroid/iPhoneIrelandMain state supported public charging network
EcotricityAndroid/iPhoneUKIt costs 30p per kWh, if you're an Ecotricity green energy customer, you'll get half price rates
Electrify AmericaAndroid/iPhoneUSAAccess Electrify America network when Charging NA etc. aren't working
Electrify CanadaAndroid/iPhoneCanadaAccess Electrify Canada network when Charging NA etc. aren't working
EVgoAndroid/iPhoneNorth AmericaAccess EVgo charging network in NA
GreenlotsAndroid/iPhoneglobalShell Group public charging network
IonityAndroid/iPhoneEuropeDirect fast charger app
SemaConnectAndroid/iPhoneUSASemaConnect public charging network
Shell RechargeAndroid/iPhoneUKCharging at Shell costs 39p per kWh and there's no subscription. Good backup. Plenty of high powered charging posts.

Navigation

A Better RouteplannerAndroid/iPhoneglobalEV trip route planning tool (also available on the web)
ChargeHub EV MapAndroid/iPhoneNorth AmericaThird-party charger map
PlugShareAndroid/iPhoneglobalCrowd-sourced charger information
WazeAndroid/iPhoneglobalCrowd-sourced navigation with traffic routing and police tracking
ZapMapAndroid/iPhoneUK/IrelandRegional crowd-sourced charger information

Just For Fun

Porsche AR VisualizerAndroid/iPhoneglobalAugmented Reality app to put a virtual Taycan in your driveway or wherever
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thenaimis

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FWIW I made assumptions about iPhone availability for all these apps. I don't have one but it seems likely they all have iphone versions.
Also have to say that Porsche could have made the Charging NA app privacy policy more phone friendly...

Dilettante

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche's app's are a complete miserable experience.

I have owned the Taycan for a month and have only had one successful app-initiated charge. Every other time the Electrify America support line has had to give me a complimentary charge.
In today's attempt I was on the phone for 1 hour 12 minutes between Electrify America support (who are rock stars by the way) and Porsche support who are nice, but clueless.
...the Porsche support person kept describing what my Porsche Connect app screen should look like "in the upper right at the top is a half person next to your name"...this is not what the phone app looks like but it is what the browser version looks like....after nearly 45 minutes she finally gave up and said she would have to call me back...she did after 10 minutes and said "you need to contact Electrify America. as we have reports of issues with EA"...total BS...it is Porsche's app that is the issue and they have no idea how to manage it.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
ChargingAndroid/iPhoneEuropePorsche Charging Service app
IonityAndroid/iPhoneEuropeDirect Fast Charger app

These are the equivalent European apps matching "Charging NA" and "Electrify X" from North America.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ecar connectAndroid/iPhoneIrelandMain state supported public charging network
EasyGOAndroid/iPhoneIrelandMajor privately run public charging network

Main country specific (Ireland) public charging apps.

OP
OP
thenaimis

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Added Waze since it gets a lot of mentions, with the best description I could come up with, having never used it :)

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
The Porsche AR Visualizer app is completely unnecessary, but it's a lot of fun to project an augmented-reality Taycan anywhere you happen to be if you want to discuss it with someone. It's clever enough to accept your Porsche Code, so it's your spec that you see. You can even drive it.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Other apps for US charging networks installed on my phone:
  • Greenlots
  • SemaConnect

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
ZapMapAndroid/iPhoneUK/IrelandZap-Map enables drivers to locate and update EV charge points in UK & Ireland
Shell RechargeAndroid/iPhoneIrelandCharging at Shell costs 39p per kWh and there's no subscription. Good backup. Plenty of high powered charging posts.
EcotricityAndroid/iPhoneUKIt costs 30p per kWh, if you're an Ecotricity green energy customer, you'll get half price rates
Some to add to the list

@thenaimis Any chance you could sort the wiki list into alphabetical order ? great idea btw :like: :rock:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Porsche AR Visualizer app is completely unnecessary, but it's a lot of fun to project an augmented-reality Taycan anywhere you happen to be if you want to discuss it with someone. It's clever enough to accept your Porsche Code, so it's your spec that you see. You can even drive it.
This is great. But what if they re-deployed those engineers onto fixing problems with the Connect service, many of which seem to be with their back-end servers, but some of which are with the vehicle itself...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is great. But what if they re-deployed those engineers onto fixing problems with the Connect service, many of which seem to be with their back-end servers, but some of which are with the vehicle itself...
I hear you.

Of course, the AR app was almost certainly outsourced to a digital marketing firm that had nothing to with the development of their core product. Porsche didn't have to decide either/or, they did both. They are just crap at the second and more important part.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear you.

Of course, the AR app was almost certainly outsourced to a digital marketing firm and has nothing to with development of their core product. Porsche didn't have to decide either/or, they should have - and did - decide to do both. They are just crap at the second and more important part.
Or Porsche Digital – https://www.porsche.digital

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche's app's are a complete miserable experience.

I have owned the Taycan for a month and have only had one successful app-initiated charge. Every other time the Electrify America support line has had to give me a complimentary charge.
In today's attempt I was on the phone for 1 hour 12 minutes between Electrify America support (who are rock stars by the way) and Porsche support who are nice, but clueless.
...the Porsche support person kept describing what my Porsche Connect app screen should look like "in the upper right at the top is a half person next to your name"...this is not what the phone app looks like but it is what the browser version looks like....after nearly 45 minutes she finally gave up and said she would have to call me back...she did after 10 minutes and said "you need to contact Electrify America. as we have reports of issues with EA"...total BS...it is Porsche's app that is the issue and they have no idea how to manage it.
Tim, do your Porsche and EA accounts use the same email address?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I need to use the Charging America app on the Electrify America stations. Works very well so far...
Sponsored