Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using?

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I've found that on long trips the carplay hookup uses a lot of battery so I plug it in and leave it in that thing in the middle.
I am surprised that nobody has ever ripped into whomever it was that designed that terrible contraption
You... plug it in, and place it in the wireless charger?
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I just put it in the pocket in the center console & let it charge. That is, after wrestling with the center console cover from the (LHD) drivers seat. I’m glad my elbows are double jointed.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Since I have a MY2021(AA not yet supported) and use Android Auto, I opted to get the 2 piece Pro Clips phone mount and it works perfectly, just clips in the center console with friction and no sticky adhesives.

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-porsche-taycan-2020

The other plus is I can run Android Auto media/Google Maps navigation as my default but can also run the Porsche nav simultaneously for public EV charging spots to precondition the battery for max charging speeds ??

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? FB_IMG_1643054198914

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? FB_IMG_1643054201571

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? FB_IMG_1643054204365

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? FB_IMG_1643054207015

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I ordered a few different cup holder phone cradles, but none were great. I remembered that many years ago I used some custom cradles and phone mounts from ProClip. Last night I went on the the website proclipusa.com and was pleased to see that they had a custom mount available for the Taycan.

For those of you who are not familiar with Proclip, it is a two part system. You need to purchase a custom base for your particular car. The base is installed without any alternations or permanent holes or adhesives. Once you select the base, you then choose a device cradle for your particular device. You can also select whether or not you want charging, or a fitment that takes into account whether or not your have case or screen protector on your phone. On some of my other cars if I didn't want the base on the left side (driver's side in the US), I went on the UK site and ordered a base for a right hand drive model of my car and installed the base on the right side. I am sticking with the left side for the Taycan since the mount is not down near my thigh for the Taycan.

It is a solid installation and puts the phone is a much better location than the cupholder (or the vents - since the vents on the Taycan are atypical and will also block the touchscreen controls). Attached is a .pdf document with some images of the base and mounts.

proclipusa.com
Proclip is what I use and love it!

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? FEFE4F00-1421-4FF6-A9F4-A85A2336247C

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
I recently installed the proclip setup pictured above and love it as well. It's about as good as you can get. Has a little tilt and swivel capabilities and the entire holder can slide up or down to adjust to your desired hight. Easy to put together and install. Big thanks for the picture and heads up on this product TayFan!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? Screenshot_20220914_124505

I went with the Brodit Proclip. I've gone with the adapter that will hold my current S20 and also the IPhone when I move back to the dark side of the force later this year. Seems well made. Easy to fit. I've waited 6 weeks due to supllier issues. I'm going to order a black cable with a 90° charging connector to make it nice and neat. Better than it sat in the centre consul I think.

Last edited:

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Another take on a charging solution:

A 3D printer fabricator on Etsy who was good enough to create a Taycan cupholder insert to hold an Apple-compatible Qi charger. Here's the relevant page:

https://www.etsy.com/3DCreationsShopUS/listing/1297008198/cup-holder-cover-for-magsafe-chargers

For my purposes (charging, get-phone-out-of-pocket, occasional peek at phone) this works great. The MagSafe grip is reliable. (Unfortunately the console USB-C outlets didn't seem to work right w/ the charger but plugging into the back seat USB-C outlets did.)

This is the charger shown:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRG9HCK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

It has about the same dimensions as Apple's MagSafe charger.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_0015

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_0013

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_0011

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
For now I use the proclip base and mounted a magsafe charger on it with some industrial double sided tape. I used an angled USB-C cable to avoid seeing too much cable and was able to completely hide it between the panels of the center / tunnel console to plug it in one of the ports in the center box.

I think it is a clean look, even without the iphone.

I used the square magsafe charger to cover the proclip mount instead of round.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 65D4B771-88C1-44AC-BB21-B9E6FC0BF2EA
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 14AE94CA-A38B-4DC5-BECF-5D476C45C0C7
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? E735CED3-98D9-4BFF-9299-5B9E78C68C3D
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 3FBF986A-D8A5-4D17-B947-F8262EB92899
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? A6788082-AD19-48FD-9F4C-C2BE65DEC816

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Copying a post from a similar discussion ...

One option is to temporarily or permanently use one of the Taycan cupholder holes to magnetically hold (MagSafe) and potentially charge phone...

Here's some info. on the 3dcreations product:

Etsy page:

https://www.etsy.com/3DCreationsShopUS/listing/1297008198/cup-holder-cover-for-magsafe-chargers

btw, regarding Qi chargers, I discovered yesterday that the inside-the-compartment USB-C chargers were not reliable (at least with the charger I was using). So, instead, I plugged into one of the two USB-C slots behind the front seats. That seems to work well.

This is the charger I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRG9HCK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

It has about the same dimensions as Apple's MagSafe charger.

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
I looked at the cupholder solution, If i want to fit my iphone 14 pro max, it wont fit, because the magsafe magnetic ring is not in the right position, not in the center of the available space, which means my iphone wont “grab” on the ring. It would mean the cupholder should be placed higher so my iphone sits partly on the higher leather tunnel cover.

Am I making sense :) ?

The usb-c ports are working fine with me, only thing is they dont shut down after locking up the car.
Dont like it much that the Qi charger is constantly powered…
Sponsored