Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
The usb-c ports are working fine with me, only thing is they dont shut down after locking up the car.
Dont like it much that the Qi charger is constantly powered…
The USB-C chargers and the 12V cigarette-lighter socket only stay powered for 30 minutes after the car is turned off. It is not constantly powered.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Custom modified (real simple) an OEM Porsche ashtray cupholder insert - full details here:

#282 and #283

Only using a MagSafe mount but could easily swap for a charging MagSafe holder with concealed cable to usb-c in console - might still do at some point.

Works perfect.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_6991

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
Thanks for the info ! That is good to know, saves me pulling the plug ;)

The USB-C chargers and the 12V cigarette-lighter socket only stay powered for 30 minutes after the car is turned off. It is not constantly powered.

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
As said in the other thread, my iPhone 14 max won’t fit there, I would have to raise the MagSafe charger so the iPhone sits higher. Don’t like it in an angle ;)

Custom modified (real simple) an OEM Porsche ashtray cupholder insert - full details here:

#282 and #283

Only using a MagSafe mount but could easily swap for a charging MagSafe holder with concealed cable to usb-c in console - might still do at some point.

Works perfect.

IMG_6991.jpeg

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As said in the other thread, my iPhone 14 max won’t fit there, I would have to raise the MagSafe charger so the iPhone sits higher. Don’t like it in an angle ;)
My iPhone 13 Pro fits perfect - different strokes different folks - but also a phone when mounted is such that if it did extend over the leather covered flanks you can do so - a very minor adjustment can raise the mag mount easily to accommodate a 14 no problem.
And there is no angle - in my setup the phone is perfectly flat.

For those interested, here is the 13 Pro on the mount - rock solid, no movement nor rattling when driving:

Should have lined it up better for this quick pic but a 13 Pro or similar sized phone is perfectly aligned within tray area.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_0644

Side view - was a simple fix to stop it swiveling :)! Stays put perfectly now.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_0646

Last edited:

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
@ciaranob Looks very good and clean.. I wonder if you accelerate very quickly doesn't it fly off the magnet? (It happens daily on my Tesla)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob Looks very good and clean.. I wonder if you accelerate very quickly doesn't it fly off the magnet? (It happens daily on my Tesla)
Thx. Let's say I am def not shy about acceleration :), and so far this thing is rock solid - not even a hint of movement - stability probably enhanced by being laid flat vs vertical.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag

#282 and #283

Works perfect.

IMG_6991.jpeg
were the darksilver trim pieces fitted from factory? wondering if this can be done after the fact.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Superior Engineering (mainly copying...!)
Printed in red and wooden plastic - came back to black...
16$ for the charging pad...not very Porsche but it is very functional and it charges the phone! not like the German Engineered one... not sure if German Engineers are "still" efficient by nature as we used to call them in my company!

Also no food nor drink is allowed in MY car - I drive I do not eat or drink in a car! so let's used these useless holes!

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? IMG_1494

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Superior Engineering (mainly copying...!)
Printed in red and wooden plastic - came back to black...
16$ for the charging pad...not very Porsche but it is very functional and it charges the phone! not like the German Engineered one... not sure if German Engineers are "still" efficient by nature as we used to call them in my company!

Also no food nor drink is allowed in MY car - I drive I do not eat or drink in a car! so let's used these useless holes!

IMG_1494.jpg
Where did you get this? I like that the console light shines through.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
From my own 3d printer (15 min of modeling, 5 hours of printing x3 to get right set up, 5 min on Amazon...), light is not shining through but reflect on high gloss black ironed surface.
I have version somewhere made out of transparent PLA with specifc filling pattern where light go thorugh but does not look good with car interior style bit too much tuning to my test....

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I made my iphone holder base from a magic bullet container. The lid happens to be the perfect diameter for the cup holder. I had to cut the bottom of the container to make the top lid slightly recessed below the led ring so the light can be seen even with the setup.

I attached the wireless charger to the lid with some left over GoPro 3M double sided tape. I used this setup for two days and had no issues yet..I can just pull out the whole thing from the cup holder if I ever change my mind.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 3AD36E7E-8300-499D-B61A-E677805E7265

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 96B0C09C-CD6E-4014-A732-BD9F889CC235

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 4114917D-C2CD-4F8A-BF79-CB8419EF5EB5

Last edited: