Phone priority - is it possible?

MisterT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone

I’ve currently got two phones paired with the car (work and personal) and when I have both of them with me, the car always defaults to my work phone when displaying contacts. Is there any way of being able to change the priority over how the car uses the phones?

In my last car (a Benz) you could choose which phone was to be used as a main phone and which was just for incoming calls.

I’ve tried renaming the phones as I originally thought that they were being stored in the device manager in alphabetical order, but it doesn’t make any difference. I’ve also tried pairing them in a different order too, but again, no change.

It‘s not a huge deal and doesn’t take much to switch between the phones, but just curious to know if it can be done?

Andy
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi everyone

I’ve currently got two phones paired with the car (work and personal) and when I have both of them with me, the car always defaults to my work phone when displaying contacts. Is there any way of being able to change the priority over how the car uses the phones?

In my last car (a Benz) you could choose which phone was to be used as a main phone and which was just for incoming calls.

I’ve tried renaming the phones as I originally thought that they were being stored in the device manager in alphabetical order, but it doesn’t make any difference. I’ve also tried pairing them in a different order too, but again, no change.

It‘s not a huge deal and doesn’t take much to switch between the phones, but just curious to know if it can be done?

Andy

You could try pairing the phone you want as your primary and then use it a couple of times to make some calls and then later on add the work one ?

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
In the device device overview you can favourite (tick the star) on the phone you want as priority. I do it with my phone and my wife’s. Both connect but mine is always priority when logged in with my account
Sponsored