Photo Request: High Gloss Black Door Handles

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
22A5EB04-FB19-49F6-BEF6-D1B4DCC1C696.jpeg

Just picked up my 2023 RWD, and pics don’t do it justice. The black door handles look really good in person. I was really nervous about them until I saw the car, and was happy I got them!
That‘s a beauty! Looks like we have similar tastes :)
Yes, I too was nervous about the black glossy door handles but they look so good IRL and I am so glad I got them. I did get them PPF’d as I suspect they‘ll get scratched quickly from fingernails.

taycan23

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, 2020 Corvette, 1991 LR Defender
Country flag
That‘s a beauty! Looks like we have similar tastes :)
Yes, I too was nervous about the black glossy door handles but they look so good IRL and I am so glad I got them. I did get them PPF’d as I suspect they‘ll get scratched quickly from fingernails.
Thank you! It’s crazy how much better the car looks in person than in pics- and it looks beautiful in pics. I’m having Xpel PPF done on almost the entire car (plus ceramic) done next week. I love your wheels, btw.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Last edited:

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you! It’s crazy how much better the car looks in person than in pics- and it looks beautiful in pics. I’m having Xpel PPF done on almost the entire car (plus ceramic) done next week. I love your wheels, btw.
Thank you!
I was debating if I should get the wheel design you got. But decided otherwise to be a tad bold. I must say, the Porsche configurator images made them look a bit too bold which I was a little worried about. I am glad it was not the case. Same for the neodyme accents inside. I’ll share pics soon.
I just got the full front PPF and ceramic for the rest of the car. My shop in California (that does a lot of Taycans and more higher end cars in San Francisco) did not recommend ceramic on top of the PPF. So that’s something for you to keep in mind.

taycan23

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you!
I was debating if I should get the wheel design you got. But decided otherwise to be a tad bold. I must say, the Porsche configurator images made them look a bit too bold which I was a little worried about. I am glad it was not the case. Same for the neodyme accents inside. I’ll share pics soon.
I just got the full front PPF and ceramic for the rest of the car. My shop in California (that does a lot of Taycans and more higher end cars in San Francisco) did not recommend ceramic on top of the PPF. So that’s something for you to keep in mind.
I'm fortunate to have a local shop that does all kinds of exotics, and has done a few Taycans (definitely not as many as yours in Cali though!). He did another vehicle we have in PPF with ceramic on top, and we love how easy it is to keep clean. Definitely not necessary, but what is "necessary" when it comes to Taycans anyway? 🙃

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
You can never go wrong with the Black handles.
Congrats

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was debating if I should get the wheel design you got. But decided otherwise to be a tad bold. I must say, the Porsche configurator images made them look a bit too bold which I was a little worried about. I am glad it was not the case. Same for the neodyme accents inside.
Ah, it is frustrating how the configurator can be quite "off" for a few common colors. Especially neodyme looks like shiny gold in the configurator while in reality is much more subdued (and the atacama beige is a bit off too)
Porsche Taycan Photo Request: High Gloss Black Door Handles compare-neodyme

or the red interior which is really nice in reality but looks a bit cartoonish in the configurator:
Porsche Taycan Photo Request: High Gloss Black Door Handles compare-red

And the worst of all, the volcano grey looks metallic "black" in reality but greenish in the configurator:
Porsche Taycan Photo Request: High Gloss Black Door Handles compare-volcano-grey

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, it is frustrating how the configurator can be quite "off" for a few common colors. Especially neodyme looks like shiny gold in the configurator while in reality is much more subdued (and the atacama beige is a bit off too)
compare-neodyme.jpg

or the red interior which is really nice in reality but looks a bit cartoonish in the configurator:
compare-red.jpg

And the worst of all, the volcano grey looks metallic "black" in reality but greenish in the configurator:
compare-volcano-grey.jpg
Oh wow! Those colors look quite different IRL vs the configurator. Beautiful car BTW. Thanks for sharing.

The one color I was disappointed by was the carmine red(?) seat belts I paid for. I was hoping they’d be more red like the configurator showed me, but in reality they are a dark subdued wine red. 😞

taycan23

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car looks great! If you go for the clear side-markers you may also want to get the black&white porsche logo for your wheels --- allthough a little yellow accent may be actually be nicer??
I thought about this same thing, but decided I like the little bit of color just in the logo. I did get the side markers though- they’ve already shipped!

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I’ve had them with Crayon but I’ve also had the sport kit with gloss black and gloss black wheels, gloss black window trims etc. I love it.

However, I wouldn’t bother with gloss black with the darker colours. I’ve seen Volcano Grey on a few cars in the real world and it look’s awesome but gloss black just doesn’t stand out. It’s a great colour.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Thank You
Let's face it the Taycan looks like a PCASSOO. Now I have 5 PCASSOO counting the Car.
Well maybe 6 1/2 with my Mini PCASSOO.
LOL

Porsche Taycan Photo Request: High Gloss Black Door Handles 20221212_233711

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My shop in California (that does a lot of Taycans and more higher end cars in San Francisco) did not recommend ceramic on top of the PPF.
Why not? Most ppl I see applying PPF always do the ceramic on top of it.
Sponsored