grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have just received my MY 2021 Taycan Turbo S. I thought people might like to see a pic of the Heads Up Display. Its a great addition to the car and is configurable with Powermeter, Navigation and user configurable. You can alter the position. I have never had a car with a HUD before so it was a revelation!

The other unpublicised MY2021 changes are wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless charging. Both of these now work. You just have to remember to make sure your Iphone WIFI connection is enabled as it does not use Bluetooth.

Porsche Taycan Pic of Head Up Display (HUD) & Wireless CarPlay/Charging Heads Up Display
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have HUD in my Panamera but didn't option it on my Taycan order – mainly because I thought the extra "leather" around the instrument binnacle didn't look great to me on the configurator.

What's your thoughts on the changes to the dashboard including the HUD makes? Any close up pictures of the instrument surround appreciated.

I found the HUD best in conjunction with adaptive cruise control. I hope I don't miss it too much!

OP
OP

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have HUD in my Panamera but didn't option it on my Taycan order – mainly because I thought the extra "leather" around the instrument binnacle didn't look great to me on the configurator.

What's your thoughts on the changes to the dashboard including the HUD makes? Any close up pictures of the instrument surround appreciated.

I found the HUD best in conjunction with adaptive cruise control. I hope I don't miss it too much!
It just fills the gap behind the instrument display. I know there's been a lot of discussion about this but I honestly have not noticed it.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Nice congrats on the My2021! For the Turbo S in particular, do you know how the claimed “improved acceleration” is achieved? I’ve been wondering if it could also be an OTA option for the MY2020 models :)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Nice congrats on the My2021! For the Turbo S in particular, do you know how the claimed “improved acceleration” is achieved? I’ve been wondering if it could also be an OTA option for the MY2020 models :)
I've had that update on my Turbo S but it's not an OTA option.
It takes a whole day at the shop...

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
It just fills the gap behind the instrument display. I know there's been a lot of discussion about this but I honestly have not noticed it.
This is reassuring as I debated about adding the HUD to my build. In the end, I did as I have never had the HUD but love the idea of it. Power meter on the HUD allows full map between the dials on the dash display. Very cool.

Reactions: Dee

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I've had that update on my Turbo S but it's not an OTA option.
It takes a whole day at the shop...
Whoa had no idea. Which particular update is it? Are there any notes of the update release that mention it which you can share? I’m assuming this hasn’t happened in The US yet

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Whoa had no idea. Which particular update is it? Are there any notes of the update release that mention it which you can share? I’m assuming this hasn’t happened in The US yet
Don't know.
Ask your dealer.
I think there's one planned in November too.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car arrived at dock in Bay Area on the 21st and is still there getting updates they say before traveling to Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles for my pickup on the 11th.

I'm hoping that they are applying all the recent updates so I can be set for a while.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I have just received my MY 2021 Taycan Turbo S. I thought people might like to see a pic of the Heads Up Display. Its a great addition to the car and is configurable with Powermeter, Navigation and user configurable. You can alter the position. I have never had a car with a HUD before so it was a revelation!

The other unpublicised MY2021 changes are wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless charging. Both of these now work. You just have to remember to make sure your Iphone WIFI connection is enabled as it does not use Bluetooth.

Heads Up Display.jpg
Nice, can you share some photos of the dash? I'm curious to see if the HUD part looks integrated in the dash or if it's a seperate filling of the opening between the existing dash and the instrument cluster.

And does the MY 2021 has the rear light animation when opening/closing the car?

Thanks

Reactions: Dee