Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi i have a 4s with HUD but cant see how to move it on the windscreen ...and neither can the dealer...any thoughts? Really good option though - pity it does not show night vision
The options to tilt or raise or lower the HUD are on the controls on the steering wheel that you use to change the 3 dash screens. With the HUD change your focus to the HUD (orange bars under it), hit the button and you are offered options for the HUD.

It is not done via the display settings in the centre console which would make a lot more sense. Very confusing.
Sponsored

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
The options to tilt or raise or lower the HUD are on the controls on the steering wheel that you use to change the 3 dash screens. With the HUD change your focus to the HUD (orange bars under it), hit the button and you are offered options for the HUD.

It is not done via the display settings in the centre console which would make a lot more sense. Very confusing.
Thanks. Would have never found this on my own.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag

Hi many thanks - will try it tomorrow...

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Thanks. Would have never found this on my own.
Hi again

This car is full of surprises. If I hadn't had Martini's suggestion I would never have found how to adjust the HUD and even with it nearly gave up as "mustn't be available on UK cars"! Key is to look at the HUD not the binnacle and not the centre console. Keep pressing the right hand button on the steering wheel until you see a yellow/orange line under the HUD on the windscreen. Pressing the right roller button on the steering wheel then takes you into the menu for adjusting the height, brightness, rotation of the HUD image. Still dont have a handbook for the car as "out of print" so wouldn't know if its in there...

But anyway thanks for the guidance and hope this thread helps others

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi again

This car is full of surprises. If I hadn't had Martini's suggestion I would never have found how to adjust the HUD and even with it nearly gave up as "mustn't be available on UK cars"! Key is to look at the HUD not the binnacle and not the centre console. Keep pressing the right hand button on the steering wheel until you see a yellow/orange line under the HUD on the windscreen. Pressing the right roller button on the steering wheel then takes you into the menu for adjusting the height, brightness, rotation of the HUD image. Still dont have a handbook for the car as "out of print" so wouldn't know if its in there...

Don't forget that most, if not all, of the content in the manual is also in the "Good to Know" app.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi again

My car came with an 09/2020 updated manual, i picked up my car on 4th December

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Don't forget that most, if not all, of the content in the manual is also in the "Good to Know" app.
Except for Android users. The app has been pulled from the play store for some unexplained reason and I find the PCM based manual terrible.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Except for Android users. The app has been pulled from the play store for some unexplained reason and I find the PCM based manual terrible.
Just rang the dealer to tell them how to do it. Salesman said it was really helpful as he was delivering one with a HUD this afternoon! I think the system is slightly different on other cars in the Porsche stable ie more manual

B888B

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
I'm thinking about a one month delivery delay to get these contrasting color in the seats, the car will be in Ice-grey. I'm not sure if it's worth the wait, Any thoughts.?

Porsche Taycan Pic of Head Up Display (HUD) & Wireless CarPlay/Charging SEAT-COLOR-1

Porsche Taycan Pic of Head Up Display (HUD) & Wireless CarPlay/Charging SEATS-COLOR-2

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I'm thinking about a one month delivery delay to get these contrasting color in the seats, the car will be in Ice-grey. I'm not sure if it's worth the wait, Any thoughts.?

SEAT-COLOR-1.jpg

SEATS-COLOR-2.jpg
It is a matter of personal taste, of course, but personally I think the interior would be too busy for a car of which the exterior projects an understated chic, particularly in white.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
It is a matter of personal taste, of course, but personally I think the interior would be too busy for a car of which the exterior projects an understated chic, particularly in white.
I accepted a 3 month delay to get contrast stitching. I felt the wait was worth it for something that I have always wanted. The stitching was a compromise to keep the understated nature of the white car but add something to break up the black. I felt I would regret not having it more than I would regret not getting the car sooner. I have waited this long for the car, what’s another 3 months??

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Go for it! I think that looks great. I wish I could have had that option instead of the dull black seats!

B888B

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Go for it! I think that looks great. I wish I could have had that option instead of the dull black seats!
Thank you, I think i will, i will ask my dealer today if its not too late to change. Thanks to everyone for their valuable opinions.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi again

Hi there, sometimes in the HUD above the distance to next car display I seem to get a 37 number appearing which I think may be in blue. Only seen it a few times and wondered if anyone knows what it is? As its only appeared a few times and you tend to be driving its quite hard to pin down and its possible that other numbers have appeared. Would be nice if the dealer had supplied the manual! (was out of print on delivery or not updated!). There is nothing in the good to know app etc. either.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Hi there, sometimes in the HUD above the distance to next car display I seem to get a 37 number appearing which I think may be in blue. Only seen it a few times and wondered if anyone knows what it is? As its only appeared a few times and you tend to be driving its quite hard to pin down and its possible that other numbers have appeared. Would be nice if the dealer had supplied the manual! (was out of print on delivery or not updated!). There is nothing in the good to know app etc. either.
I’ve been wondering the same thing...
Sponsored