ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Same spec (looks wise) as mine - can't quite see if you went with the Pan, glass roof ?
Wheels look awesome - are they painted or STD ?
Enjoy......
Thx
Those wheels are painted high-gloss black.
Sponsored

Daz&Jac

First Name
Darren & Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycon
Country flag
First day withthe new car - amazing - suspension seems better than the normal Taycan I went out in a few months ago - build quality and service from deal outstanding - pity about the torrential rain when I picked it up

As a footnote - I've been lucky to have owned a number of new Lamborghinis over the past few years - this car feels as quick - thats with out driving car at hyper speeds where I'm sure a V10 will have it

loving the black look on the CT are the wheels satin finish

tay_2755.jpg

tay_2748.jpg

tay_2753.jpg

tay_2754.jpg

Tay_2760.jpg

tay_2767.jpg

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
First day withthe new car - amazing - suspension seems better than the normal Taycan I went out in a few months ago - build quality and service from deal outstanding - pity about the torrential rain when I picked it up

As a footnote - I've been lucky to have owned a number of new Lamborghinis over the past few years - this car feels as quick - thats with out driving car at hyper speeds where I'm sure a V10 will have it

tay_2755.jpg

tay_2748.jpg

tay_2753.jpg

tay_2754.jpg

Tay_2760.jpg

tay_2767.jpg
Lovely car and similar to mine except for my black inlays, roof rails and standard CT cross Turismo wheels
My delivery has been pushed back unfortunately
I wish you many happy (and trouble free miles) in your new toy

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Here is a little more about my experience after day one

1. Entry in to car is a little awkward at first - as per another post - there is a sharpe corner to the lower dash which you need to avoid, and the door opening seems quite small. I find I need to turn and fall slightly in to drivers seat watchi. I quite like the experience and think of it as part of the theatre of driving the car
Those wheels are painted high-gloss black.
wheels are actually painted Satin black - it contrasts against gloss black paint on bodywork - looks cool

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag

1. Entry in to car is a little awkward at first - as per another post - there is a sharpe corner to the lower dash which you need to avoid, and the door opening seems quite small. I find I need to turn and fall slightly in to drivers seat watchi. I quite like the experience and think of it as part of the theatre of driving the car

wheels are actually painted Satin black - it contrasts against gloss black paint on bodywork - looks cool
Ah nice! Looks great.

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Looks fantastic, thank you so much for sharing and please share with us the config code spec if you still have it.

PMD99348

It’s leased as a company car, I had a fairly tight monthly lease fee to keep within - I had to drop the sunroof and race tex headlining - still got the race tex steering wheel which is fabulous.

couple of early comments after driving it 150 miles

1. It’s very very quick
2. Bose is superb
3. Turning circle is surprisingly small
4. It feels a little tight getting in - but not a problem
5. Build quality is superb
6. No electrical glitches yet
7. Charges quickly at work at 11kw/h (Charger is a 22kw unit)
8. Is really fun and feels like a proper Porsche
9. Standard seats are great
10. Very glad I went extended leather - gives car a hand made feel

So far 10 out of 10

nerraw

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, Volvo XC60, Taycan GTS ST on order
Country flag
Thanks for sharing - looks awesome!

Like you I'm working on a budget and trying to keep it below 100k.

It's a huge toss up between a 4 with all the toys and trimmings, or a pretty basic 4S.

Interesting that you've pretty much excluded all the basic cheaper bits - folding/dimming mirrors, 360 cams, ACC, driver memory.

But you've spent pretty much all your options on extended leather, and the best wheels.

Not sure if I can do that - my current non-Porsche ride has HUD, 360 cams, ACC, LKA, 18 way heated/cooled seats so really hard to give them up.

Did you consider a base 4 with more options?

Is the non-folding mirror an issue?

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Thanks for sharing - looks awesome!

Like you I'm working on a budget and trying to keep it below 100k.

It's a huge toss up between a 4 with all the toys and trimmings, or a pretty basic 4S.

Interesting that you've pretty much excluded all the basic cheaper bits - folding/dimming mirrors, 360 cams, ACC, driver memory.

But you've spent pretty much all your options on extended leather, and the best wheels.

Not sure if I can do that - my current non-Porsche ride has HUD, 360 cams, ACC, LKA, 18 way heated/cooled seats so really hard to give them up.

Did you consider a base 4 with more options?

Is the non-folding mirror an issue?
This could be a long reply)

my Taycan journey started with a Taycan 4S, ordered in 2020 via a lease company - 4 months later no build slot allocated - gave up - went back to Porsche directly who said they could get me first build slot for the CT4S - that was 4 months on the configurator trying every permutation to get on budget with folding mirrors and reversing camera plus Race Tex headlining and Sunroof

I come from a long history of privately owned new V8, V10 and V12 engined cars plus quite a few 911s - so performance key to my decision - I personally felt the 4S offered the minimum performance level acceptable

Looks was my second priority - I always have big satin black wheels on all black cars

This left me with the spec which was the tricky bit. Folding mirrors, reversing camera, 360 degree camera, charging cable!! - not standard!!! But that’s Porsche for you

I’m used to soft close doors, 18 way seats with memory heat and cool etc - but the tax efficiency of the car meant it was a no -brainier - as a company car wing mirrors or what’s behind isn’t my problem

To sum up, luckily I have cars with all the normal spec features you would expect at this price point - a drive in one of these or the Taycan

it’s the Taycan every time!

But it is very annoying not having folding mirrors, I’m surprised electric windows didn’t come as an option and I did get floor mats)

Marty

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Corvette
Country flag

tay_2755.jpg

tay_2748.jpg

tay_2753.jpg

tay_2754.jpg

Tay_2760.jpg

tay_2767.jpg
How would you compare the ride/handling qualities of a sedan vs GT at comparable levels. Anyone else have opinions?

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag

HI

Is that base black or metallic?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Love how it looks in all black! Nice spec.

I’ve got a bit of an odd request: could you take a look or feel behind the plastic wheel arch trim pieces for fasteners, clips or holes? I’m curious whether they’re stuck on with VHB tape like the badge at the back and can be removed without leaving a repair job. It may influence my color choice. Thanks!

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Love how it looks in all black! Nice spec.

I’ve got a bit of an odd request: could you take a look or feel behind the plastic wheel arch trim pieces for fasteners, clips or holes? I’m curious whether they’re stuck on with VHB tape like the badge at the back and can be removed without leaving a repair job. It may influence my color choice. Thanks!
Had a good look
Has an inner wheel arch guard which prevents seeing any fixing and on door similar problem

Had a little pull on the door part of the wheel arch trim - it does feel like a high strength tape could have been used but there could also be some fixing which are hidden

could your Porsche dealer send you a part number and picture of the wheel arch trim - that should show any fixing points?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
That’s my next move. My dealer is woefully useless however. Thank you!
Sponsored