Pics of Cross Turismo next to Sedan?

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Hi all,

Patiently wiating for my CT delivery in January, however a change of circumstances means I could now get a sedan. Delivery would be blown out until June though.

Has anyone come across photos or videos with the sedan and Cross Tourismo parked next to each other? I'm trying to convince myself which one I truly prefer and unfortunately the CT has not arrived down under as yet.

Ideally both in crayon, but that may be asking too much! lol

Cheers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Thank you for those! Much appreciated, but unfortunately not as revealing as I'd hoped.

The lack or side by side shots of these two vehicles is surprising.

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Thank you for those! Much appreciated, but unfortunately not as revealing as I'd hoped.

The lack or side by side shots of these two vehicles is surprising.
Why not just compare configurator images?

Reactions: B61

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Here you go...

CTvsSedan.jpg

*My subjective opinion only* - In real life, the sedan is far more polished, sporty, and aesthetically correct when compared to the CT. Again, this is my subjective opinion only
Funny, I think the exact opposite! Different strokes for different folks I guess…;)

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
One thing I cannot seem to understand is if the CT is a higher suv feeling vehicle or a sedan with a different rear

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Despite being a huge CT fan, I have to admit that the sedan looks more elegant and sporty. I do think a lot of it has to do w/ the extra black cladding on the CT. Its an easy fix though (have it painted). I'd also opt to have the silver parts in gloss black. And, at the end of the day, it would kind of bug me to buy the sedan knowing I could've gotten the wagon version.

It is also hard to objectively compare the 2 unless they are in the same color, with the same wheels and at the same ride height. All of those things can really affect your perception of a car.

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
Had the same concern as you do. Went for the CT. The sedan is better looking, however, a little bit more common (that's not necesarily bad, it looks closer to a 911 than anything else). There's no Porsche like the Cross Turismo on the other hand. I fully agree that the black trims are a little bit too much, but the car is supposed to take heavier roads (and I've tested that already, plastic is better than lacquered crayon). So in the end you need to decide where and how you will use the car. I have two dogs, before the CT I wouldn't even consider buying a car so expensive without the proper trunk. And now, even when travelling without the dogs, the trunk is a blessing (I still own a 5-er BMW and having to bend and dig through the trunk is not fun). 10 years ago I would despise people getting anything else than a sedan, but now I think the car is a tool and should make our life easier. If you don't need the trunk and your roads are smooth then go for the sedan.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Had the same concern as you do. Went for the CT. The sedan is better looking, however, a little bit more common (that's not necesarily bad, it looks closer to a 911 than anything else). There's no Porsche like the Cross Turismo on the other hand. I fully agree that the black trims are a little bit too much, but the car is supposed to take heavier roads (and I've tested that already, plastic is better than lacquered crayon). So in the end you need to decide where and how you will use the car. I have two dogs, before the CT I wouldn't even consider buying a car so expensive without the proper trunk. And now, even when travelling without the dogs, the trunk is a blessing (I still own a 5-er BMW and having to bend and dig through the trunk is not fun). 10 years ago I would despise people getting anything else than a sedan, but now I think the car is a tool and should make our life easier. If you don't need the trunk and your roads are smooth then go for the sedan.
Shooting brake is the future!! look at how everyone moved to dumb SUVs because of the storage.. no one needs to sit higher (reality - only because there is 1 SUV and everyone else follows because they say they cant see around it - lame) Bring the wagon back!!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
To me, the CT just looks like a huge estate car. I much prefer the sedan. But as stated above, a personal opinion.