Pics of Cross Turismo next to Sedan?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Beauty is subjective but value and practicality are not. It is there, in those measurable metrics, especially at the low end of the MY21 Taycan range, that the CT has the sedan beat.
But I don’t want one. And if those were the only import things, no one would ever buy a 911. But people do
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
But I don’t want one. And if those were the only import things, no one would ever buy a 911. But people do
They aren’t the only things but they are important to many. I replaced a Model X with a Taycan CT. It’s gorgeous, drives like a dream, has 3 useable rear seats and boot, roof box and bike rack. 911 or Taycan sedan are toys. CT is a (relatively) practical car.

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
No one is pressuring you to get one and no one is suggesting that those are the only important things. If they were my next vehicle would be a minivan. In actuality, I prefer the appearance of the sedan. That being said I purchased a CT because, on balance, it made the most sense for me. You and others should certainly do as you wish.

Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
They aren’t the only things but they are important to many. I replaced a Model X with a Taycan CT. It’s gorgeous, drives like a dream, has 3 useable rear seats and boot, roof box and bike rack. 911 or Taycan sedan are toys. CT is a (relatively) practical car.
I'm a huge fan of the CT (may get one eventually), but I wouldn't exactly characterize the Taycan Sedan as a toy only. I recently had some work trips across state and was able to fit my mountain bike in the trunk (with back seats down) by simply removing the front wheel, which is a 10-15 second operation. All with enough space left over for a passenger and 2 weeks worth of luggage. I couldn't do that with my 911 without a roof rack and a chiropractor. ?

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Shooting brake is the future!! look at how everyone moved to dumb SUVs because of the storage.. no one needs to sit higher (reality - only because there is 1 SUV and everyone else follows because they say they cant see around it - lame) Bring the wagon back!!
Fax no printer

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
One thing I cannot seem to understand is if the CT is a higher suv feeling vehicle or a sedan with a different rear
IMO, it's a sedan with different rear (that provides more space on back seats).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I much prefer the styling of the saloon over the estate but ordered the estate because I have a dog and it will replace 2 cars.
For me the interior styling and ergonomics are the important bits since that is what I see, and I pay. What others think the exterior looks like is of zero importance for me and I wouldn't spend a penny on external embellishments apart from choosing a non-monochrome colour :).

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
One thing I have not heard anybody discuss, whether on forums or in online reviews (articles, YouTube), is how the rear-window view in the CT compares with the sedan rear-window view for the driver. I'm assuming it's noticeably better, since the Taycan sedan view (which is the only one I've seen in person) is pretty poor.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Personally, the saloon looks better to me but that’s not to say the CT isn’t a beauty too. Aside from what others have already stated (CT is more practical, etc), the CT4 also comes with AWD, bigger battery, and air suspension when compared to the Taycan4.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
To me, the CT just looks like a huge estate car. I much prefer the sedan. But as stated above, a personal opinion.
I thought that's why CT owners want it, because of the estate/wagon looks and form factor.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
One thing I have not heard anybody discuss, whether on forums or in online reviews (articles, YouTube), is how the rear-window view in the CT compares with the sedan rear-window view for the driver. I'm assuming it's noticeably better, since the Taycan sedan view (which is the only one I've seen in person) is pretty poor.
Yes, it's much better rear view in CT... when I was driving sedan, I even felt quite uncomfortable since I'm used on view from SUV... now, I don't have any complains about that at all.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I thought that's why CT owners want it, because of the estate/wagon looks and form factor.
I've never been a wagon guy and took a 4S sedan a little over a year ago thinking I would never have any interest in the CT.

That all changed once the CT was officially released earlier this year, and here I am a month away from delivery of my CT4.

I just personally think the CT is a more handsome vehicle, more eye catching, and it looks downright mean. It's also very different from the wagon looks of an audi or Benz. Looking more like a hot hatch IMHO.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Hi all,

Patiently wiating for my CT delivery in January, however a change of circumstances means I could now get a sedan. Delivery would be blown out until June though.

Has anyone come across photos or videos with the sedan and Cross Tourismo parked next to each other? I'm trying to convince myself which one I truly prefer and unfortunately the CT has not arrived down under as yet.

Ideally both in crayon, but that may be asking too much! lol

Cheers.
Oh yeah, it was super hard to decide. I guess technically i can order both. But I have decide one day anyway. And that day, i might swing my stick both ways again. To me. Yes, i walk to the dealer, the sedans were at the door. I want them easily. I got inside, i looked at the Cross Turismo that was there first time. I didnt feel the same love at first sight. I kept discussing the Cross Turismo cause that was the one i had in mind. But backed away last min. Switched to Taycan. When it was time to look at the colors, i got to see a few cars at the parking. Game changer moment that i actually got that i like it feeling when i saw a silver cross turismo, even with the 20 inch rims that i disliked from pics. Me and my advisor looked at it closer. I think that the difference is that the CT had no rail and offroad package. and the color shows the curves better. I could have and should have spent more time to look at it in detail. But i also got to look at the sedan in silver. I still love it. But i have different feeling to the CT again. So you see, it IS hard to decide between the two. And easy to dismiss one over another if you can't see them in person. At the "end" i signed contract for a silver Cross Turismo. almost same package as the 4 i saw at the lot.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Lots of CT love going on here. I’m about the sedan love. I’m coming from a boxster that I have had for 10 years. Before that, an s2000. Before that a Miata. For a long time I have thought that anything with a back seat was a minivan. 911s get a pass because humans don’t really fit back there. So for me the sedan is a streach. The CT is a minivan. I have always thought the boxster was pretty practical. Holds 2 people and some modest luggage. The Taycan is down right huge compared to that.

OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Oh yeah, it was super hard to decide. I guess technically i can order both. But I have decide one day anyway. And that day, i might swing my stick both ways again. To me. Yes, i walk to the dealer, the sedans were at the door. I want them easily. I got inside, i looked at the Cross Turismo that was there first time. I didnt feel the same love at first sight. I kept discussing the Cross Turismo cause that was the one i had in mind. But backed away last min. Switched to Taycan. When it was time to look at the colors, i got to see a few cars at the parking. Game changer moment that i actually got that i like it feeling when i saw a silver cross turismo, even with the 20 inch rims that i disliked from pics. Me and my advisor looked at it closer. I think that the difference is that the CT had no rail and offroad package. and the color shows the curves better. I could have and should have spent more time to look at it in detail. But i also got to look at the sedan in silver. I still love it. But i have different feeling to the CT again. So you see, it IS hard to decide between the two. And easy to dismiss one over another if you can't see them in person. At the "end" i signed contract for a silver Cross Turismo. almost same package as the 4 i saw at the lot.
I ordered a CT out of practicality, but my heart was with the sedan. I took delivery of the CT, sold it and am now the happy owner of a Neptune Blue GTS sedan.
Sponsored