Pics of Fire Extinguisher?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Does anybody have the factory fitted fire extinguisher option? Could you share a photo please? Interested to know if / how much it gets in the way.

I added the fire extinguisher to my build in a “why not” state of mind. Now wondering if it’s going to be an impediment around the front passenger seat. I don’t want it for the racey vibe; and thinking about it, were there a fire I’d probably jettison and let the fire department and insurance deal with it.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
In my configurator it suggests its under the drivers seat. Might be a Ireland/UK drive on the left thing - unsure.

Porsche Taycan Pics of Fire Extinguisher? Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 03.59.45

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Does anybody have the factory fitted fire extinguisher option? Could you share a photo please? Interested to know if / how much it gets in the way.

I added the fire extinguisher to my build in a “why not” state of mind. Now wondering if it’s going to be an impediment around the front passenger seat. I don’t want it for the racey vibe; and thinking about it, were there a fire I’d probably jettison and let the fire department and insurance deal with it.
I did the same, admittedly influenced by a string of EV/Tesla fires in the news. Hoping it’s not super apparent and has an integrated cubby under the passenger seat.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Found this photo of Taycan with fire extinguisher. In favor of this spec, the extinguisher matches the leather quite well.

Porsche Taycan Pics of Fire Extinguisher? 18C65006-8B15-488E-A22C-5BF52645A052

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
If you're interested in a truly effective fire extinguisher (at a little more than 1/2 the price of the factory option) consider an Element Fire Extinguisher, reviewed in this segment from Jay Leno's Garage. It's more effective than a standard chemical extinguisher, lasts for up to 50 seconds, is non toxic, leaves no residue, never expires, and is small enough to keep in your glove box. I have several for my home and vehicles. No affiliation.

Element Fire Extinguishers - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I did the same, admittedly influenced by a string of EV/Tesla fires in the news. Hoping it’s not super apparent and has an integrated cubby under the passenger seat.
you should be aware that the fire extinguisher would be effective on non electrical fires but an electrical/battery fire is extremely difficult to douse

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
AFAIK, it’s not possible to extingush the battery at all.
even firefighters can;t…they can only lower the temperature and prevent fire extension to surroundings….

IMHO, this “bottle” ruins the passenger’s environment, so I didn‘t purchase it.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you should be aware that the fire extinguisher would be effective on non electrical fires but an electrical/battery fire is extremely difficult to douse
Good to know. The Eagle Scout side of me saw the option and emphatically clicked the box.

Odds are higher that 1) it will never be used, or 2) it will be used on an ICE hoopty fire which seems to happen much too frequently on the roads here in Texas.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
even firefighters can;t…they can only lower the temperature and prevent fire extension to surroundings….

Very true regarding the usefulness of any extinguisher on a battery fire. There are some occasions when having an extinguisher with you in a vehicle could be worthwhile, though, and the Element extinguisher is effective and doesn't intrude on the passenger compartment. FWIW.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed, it could be useful, that’s why I‘ll have one in the trunk, as I have them in other cars.
(btw, i have a log house, with plenty of “anti-fire bottles” all over the house….)

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

Agreed. It makes more sense to have an escape hammer in your glove compartment. If your EV lights on fire, GET OUT and stay FAR away. Imagine you lose power and the doors don’t unlock. This little hammer can cut your seatbelts and smash your window to get you out safely.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifehammer-Original-Emergency-Seatbelt-Netherlands/dp/B000BMWXZM

Reactions: B61

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag