docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
When i plug my Taycan to the charger, the charger wants the pin code and waits for the wifi to connect. The process takes a few minutes and irritates me a little bit. Can I charge just by plugging in the plug and leave the car? Or will the process not start until I enter the pin code and the charger connects to a wifi network? Regards Michael
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
When i plug my Taycan to the charger, the charger wants the pin code and waits for the wifi to connect. The process takes a few minutes and irritates me a little bit. Can I charge just by plugging in the plug and leave the car? Or will the process not start until I enter the pin code and the charger connects to a wifi network? Regards Michael
I don’t have a car yet, but I’d assume you can disable the pin.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I don’t have a car yet, but I’d assume you can disable the pin.
Correct when you do the initial setup of the charger you can decide whether or not to use a PIN. Since my charger is inside my garage, I do not have the PIN enabled.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Sounds like @docdav needs to factory reset and setup the charger without pin. Or disable pin use in the setup options.

OP
OP
docdav

docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
Sounds like @docdav needs to factory reset and setup the charger without pin. Or disable pin use in the setup options.
Found out. With the help of technology expert Randy Opoku-Nsiah in Hamburg. Pin code and wifi disconnected in settings on the charger.
Sponsored