Plaid beats Taycan Turbo by 11 seconds around ring... will Porsche respond?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
It’s a quick time by the Plaid but have you guys watched the video? The one where you see the driver and how he is STRUGGLING with so many things. Great driver but the car just made his life so miserable. He is basically steering a bus with too much horsepower. And I strongly believe that was not a production vehicle, no frickin‘ way. The pics we have seen with a bunch of mods, that’s the one they used. Not the one with the Toyota Corolla like production brakes.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The driver is indeed struggling mightily with the car - constant sawing of the steering wheel and great driving. I'm amazed there is no roll cage in the car - that had got to be one scary lap.

I'm very dubious that the stock brakes were used, to the point I'll say no way. This is a massively heavy and rapidly accelerating car requiring better brakes than just about anything on the road. 7 minutes on the ring with a 5,000 lb car that runs low 9 second quarter miles would thoroughly cook pretty much any stock brakes.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
C8 Corvette did a 7:30 around the Nurburbring, should put all of into perspective. C8 would probably do this lap after lap, until the tires gave up.
So you're saying a 5200lbs Panamera Turbo S is as fast as a 3400lbs mid-engined Corvette C8?
Oh boy...
I see a pattern here! ?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag