Please critique my build :)

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
So, getting close to lock date and have been back on forth a million times as usual.

Please let me have your thoughts. I already have the mobile connect charger.

I have been back and forth on 20s as well but having seen them in person may be inclined on the turbo s design....not too sold here as wanted the CT design in grey but the price difference :(

thoughts? http://www.porsche-code.com/PN9DICD1
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I assume this is a car where you'll have people in the back regularly. A very different use case to my own Taycan.

Here are my very subjective comments based on my own likes and dislikes.

Body Shape

The "estate car" shape is becoming so very popular – I much prefer the original saloon version. But then again, I want a two door Taycan!

Dolomite Silver Metallic

A very classy colour. I've always liked it when I see it in person. For me, its too understated – I think Porsche's should be colourful and the Taycan wears louder colours better than the similarly sized Panamera. But Dolomite Silver is very nice in person – it feels like a sophisticated colour that pictures do not do it justice.

Two-Tone Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige

Two-tone full leather interior's are the best in Porsche's. It should work well with the exterior colour. Again, I'm personally more adventurous here!

Electric folding exterior mirrors

Must have in European parking spaces. Nuts that its extra!

Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)

100% on this – not a fan of the Chrome. This should be a no-cost option.

Model designation painted in Black (high-gloss)

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S or lower – so when I see it, I think an owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride – so its great to see you keeping the badge and improving on it.

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Many turn it off – but the people who don't spec it seem to regret it. I love it when on twisty roads. Good move.

Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch

You'll use the mode switch more than you'd think. If I was you I'd consider the no-cost compass option – something I wish was on the regular Taycan.

Wheels

Same as mine. They are really appropriate for an EV in terms of energy consumption but I don't love them.

Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest

They make a big difference.

Panoramic roof, fixed

Everybody loves it – I don't. I prefer the shape of the roof without it and I don't think it makes the cabin dark – or maybe I just like it that way. If this is a car with rear passengers – then I think they'll be the ones that benefit from this option.

Windscreen with grey top-tint

No clue if its any good.

Privacy glass

Had this on my previous Panamera, did not like the look. Then again, don't have rear passengers – and if you do they may like this – especially if they are toddlers in warm weather.

ParkAssist including Reversing Camera

You'll use it! I value the surround camera's in mine but the rear camera is used 90% of the time.

Ambient Lighting

I like the ambient lighting on this car – more so than on my Panamera

18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with memory package

Great seat choice, regret going for the 14-way in my own car. These are very comfortable. I had then on a loaner Taycan for a 4,500km road trip.

Heated GT sports steering wheel in leather

It comes on automatically when temperatures get low enough – so you will use it – the Panamera didn't do that so I'd forget sometimes about this option.

Audio and communication

I hear its the best BOSE Porsche have put into their cars. I was disappointed in the BOSE in my Panamera so splurged out for the Burmester. The BOSE will be brilliant.

On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Super important option here in my country – Ireland as many of ESB's high speed chargers only work at 400V. Future proof's the car for the odd fast charger around the UK and if Tesla continue to open up their network.

Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black

Good no cost option. I went with illuminated.

Electric charging cover

It's been great for me – have had no issues with it.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me your build misses out on the Porsche Performance options that I like: Rear wheel steering (its a big car), Porsche Torque Vectoring, PDCC and the longer range of the Performance Battery Plus – something that helps out in the lower range in winter temperatures.

But thats just me – if your use case involves 200 km city/suburb driving with full family in tow – then I think your build is very appropriate and well chosen.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@tigerbalm great comments and thanks for taking the time

On the Cross Turismo the upgraded battery is standard

I wish I could go for way more options but it can become an expensive game :) Trying to be (somewhat) sensible

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If range is any kind of concern and you want to stick to budget – chop seats, roof and maybe sports chrono to get it.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, today I learn. I didn't realise that. I don't dream of the estate cars so am not as knowledgable. Thanks for letting me know and you can ignore much of my feedback then – but I'll leave it here for others.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wish I could go for way more options but it can become an expensive game :) Trying to be (somewhat) sensible
Indeed and some, like folding mirrors is just daylight robbery. Good to see the discipline, its a very nice spec.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I assume this is a car where you'll have people in the back regularly. A very different use case to my own Taycan.

Here are my very subjective comments based on my own likes and dislikes.

Body Shape

The "estate car" shape is becoming so very popular – I much prefer the original saloon version. But then again, I want a two door Taycan!

Dolomite Silver Metallic

A very classy colour. I've always liked it when I see it in person. For me, its too understated – I think Porsche's should be colourful and the Taycan wears louder colours better than the similarly sized Panamera. But Dolomite Silver is very nice in person – it feels like a sophisticated colour that pictures do not do it justice.

Two-Tone Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige

Two-tone full leather interior's are the best in Porsche's. It should work well with the exterior colour. Again, I'm personally more adventurous here!

Electric folding exterior mirrors

Must have in European parking spaces. Nuts that its extra!

Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)

100% on this – not a fan of the Chrome. This should be a no-cost option.

Model designation painted in Black (high-gloss)

Almost every deleted model designation is a 4S or lower – so when I see it, I think an owner that really kinda wishes they had the turbo. I vote to wear your designation with pride – so its great to see you keeping the badge and improving on it.

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Many turn it off – but the people who don't spec it seem to regret it. I love it when on twisty roads. Good move.

Sport Chrono Package incl. mode switch

You'll use the mode switch more than you'd think. If I was you I'd consider the no-cost compass option – something I wish was on the regular Taycan.

Wheels

Same as mine. They are really appropriate for an EV in terms of energy consumption but I don't love them.

Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest

They make a big difference.

Panoramic roof, fixed

Everybody loves it – I don't. I prefer the shape of the roof without it and I don't think it makes the cabin dark – or maybe I just like it that way. If this is a car with rear passengers – then I think they'll be the ones that benefit from this option.

Windscreen with grey top-tint

No clue if its any good.

Privacy glass

Had this on my previous Panamera, did not like the look. Then again, don't have rear passengers – and if you do they may like this – especially if they are toddlers in warm weather.

ParkAssist including Reversing Camera

You'll use it! I value the surround camera's in mine but the rear camera is used 90% of the time.

Ambient Lighting

I like the ambient lighting on this car – more so than on my Panamera

18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with memory package

Great seat choice, regret going for the 14-way in my own car. These are very comfortable. I had then on a loaner Taycan for a 4,500km road trip.

Heated GT sports steering wheel in leather

It comes on automatically when temperatures get low enough – so you will use it – the Panamera didn't do that so I'd forget sometimes about this option.

Audio and communication

I hear its the best BOSE Porsche have put into their cars. I was disappointed in the BOSE in my Panamera so splurged out for the Burmester. The BOSE will be brilliant.

On-Board DC-Charger with 150 kW

Super important option here in my country – Ireland as many of ESB's high speed chargers only work at 400V. Future proof's the car for the odd fast charger around the UK and if Tesla continue to open up their network.

Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black

Good no cost option. I went with illuminated.

Electric charging cover

It's been great for me – have had no issues with it.
Totally agree.

But -

Rear Axle steering with Power Steering Plus - power steering plus at minimum.

Matrix lights

Mode 3 public charge cable

7m charger cable

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
For me your build misses out on the Porsche Performance options that I like: Rear wheel steering (its a big car), Porsche Torque Vectoring, PDCC and the longer range of the Performance Battery Plus – something that helps out in the lower range in winter temperatures.

But thats just me – if your use case involves 200 km city/suburb driving with full family in tow – then I think your build is very appropriate and well chosen.
Absolutely!
Another vote for: RWS, PTV, PDCC (+battery)!
I see PDCC as additional safety feature, no matter how (and who) you are driving.

I also agree with @tigerbalm longer comments... but I prefer glass roof (brightness), even if the lines of metal roof looks better.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@tigerbalm great comments and thanks for taking the time

Have you considered CT4 (instead of 4S) with more options?
I'm quite sure that you won't regret having less horses (without glass roof) and more technical add-ons (like RWS, PDCC, matrix lights...)

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
The center of gravity is low in the Taycan, and given it’s an estate car so unlikely to be tracked, PDCC would be a waste of money.

Definitely find a way to add RWS, as this car is pretty huge. It’ll make parking at the supermarket much less daunting ?
I’d drop the electric port cover to help fund RWS. Less things to go wrong and it ruins the lines of the car, in my opinion.

Rest of the build looks good ??

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would always spec RAS on a car these days, there's just no downside.

I like PTV+ but it's not strictly necessary.

I do not like PDCC.

I'd add the acoustic insulated glass and RAS and remove the power charging port. Consider ventilated seats as well. Then your build looks great to me.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@mutanthands: that was my thoughts about PDCC, until I haven't talked with salesguy (yeah, I know, they have to sell as much options as possible :whew: ), but I'm glad that he convinced me.
With PDCC, the car goes through bends as... as a train :like: ...
Of course, I don't have any experiences driving Taycan without PDCC, I just think that worth every euro...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
PDCC is really a track option, IMHO. Even going a bit mad on a backroad you're not going to reach the limits of the car where PDCC really pays off and it adds a bit of an unnatural feel.

If you have the budget it's not a bad thing to spec but on a budget it's pretty far down the list. I'd do leather upgrades, wheel upgrade, Burmeister, etc.. first. Definitely RAS & PTV+ before PDCC.

OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@all - thanks, appreciate all the comments

I am now considering what to remove in order to get the Rear wheel steering. In my Taycan 4s I don't have it and so don't miss it (and never driven one with...)

Re panoramic glass roof this is a must for me. Always have had pan roof and regret not getting on my current car. (another reason to change). Re the CT, I like the extra height for where I live (find myself pressing lift mode all the time) and think it looks quite smart. Prefer it to the ST too for the same reason.

I have debated a bit on Rear Wheel steering vs the cosmetics (colour centre crest on wheel, black window trim and black model - I do like these though - and the electric port). I just get worried that I will miss the amazing look from the outside and I am not sure I am ready to make that call (yet)

Might try to squeeze it in though. It seems a consensus....for everyone's benefit I mostly drive up to 40mph on the day to day due to the roads around and about 2-3 year on longer trips at speed...I get the additional benefit on the day to day though at low speeds.

re the Ct4, I prefer the 4s for residuals (and also being the one I have the allocation for).I also think all the driving aids would be less important with less power?

I appreciate all comments, and more the merrier...keep them coming and thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: