Please review my options list! Lock date soon. Opinions Welcome!

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
1. Chalk is GORGEOUS. Go for logo on all 4 headrests. It's not much more and completes the look. (i went crest on console as well)
3. 100% worth it.
4. Great choice - I have them as well w/colored caps.
8. That won't help resale and the middle "seat" area is virtually unusable.
9. 100% agree here as well. MUCH cleaner look and the way it should be.

Dump the Innodrive and sport sound to save $$$. The car makes plenty of natural EV noises.
Also, $1200 for BOSE is worth it if you enjoy music. It's the best BOSE in a Porsche and for me the standard system just lacks too much.
wonder why you disagree a third seat won't help resale. In 5-10 years when I resell the car, I expect a young family might want it. Kids have friends and we always needed a full second row (and sometimes a third row) to handle them all. When the husband says to the wife "look at this Porsche," she'll say "idiot, it doesn't have a full back row, grow up" unless I go for that option.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Not going to make or break a deal. Zero leg room and I don't think a child seat can be placed there per the law.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I'm a neophyte when it comes to the charging issue, the salesperson said he and his manager have been using the onboard charger with public stations and have seen a diff in charge cycle time. However if I get the TelsaTap maybe its irrelevant and I just use that network?
Charging can be confusing. When you look at charging, you need to look at the voltage and the current which the car can accept.

The Taycan comes 'standard' with:
- chargers for home and destinations like hotel: 120 volt AC Level 1 and 240 volt AC Level 2 charging at up to 48 amps
- fast chargers: 800v DC at up to 270kw (300+ amps) and 400v at 50kw (125 amps)

The Taycan 150kw/400v DC optional charger allows you (maybe) in the future to use Tesla 400 volt DC chargers at full charging speed. But since Tesla hasn't really said what their plans are, its possible that the Tesla 400 volt DC chargers would be limited to 50kw (400v at 125 amps), which the Taycan can handle standard.

The Taycan also has a 19.2 kw AC charger option. This would allow you to have a 240 volt, 80 amp power supply at home. This is not widely used since very few people in North America have 240v 80amp circuits going to their garage. In Europe, its more popular. And practically, since at home you charge over night, the faster charging speed doesn't help.

Confusing, right?

My personal opinion is that its worth the $460 to get the optional 150kw/400v DC charger just in case Tesla does allow their fast chargers to be used at 150kw. If Tesla limits their charging network to 50kw, then you have wasted $460.-

Finally, the Teslatap would be handy in case you pull up to a hotel and they only have a EVSE with a Tesla plug. The Teslatap would allow you to charge your Taycan. This should be in any electric vehicle charging kit.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Dump the sport sound to save $$$. The car makes plenty of natural EV noises.
Interesting. I loved the sport sound in my test drives, but it was a bit tough to tell. How much of a difference do you hear with it on vs. off? I just think it would add so much cool factor that I have kept it in my options (same with the massage seats).

Also, my dealer told me there is barely any difference with the rear wheel steering at slow speeds on the RWD. Didn't seem to think it would make parking any easier (at least for the $$). Has anyone actually compared a Taycan with and without this feature?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I loved the sport sound in my test drives, but it was a bit tough to tell. How much of a difference do you hear with it on vs. off? I just think it would add so much cool factor that I have kept it in my options (same with the massage seats).

Also, my dealer told me there is barely any difference with the rear wheel steering at slow speeds on the RWD. Didn't seem to think it would make parking any easier (at least for the $$). Has anyone actually compared a Taycan with and without this feature?
I hope you'll hear from owners on this... but as the owner of the thread I can tell you I've done a lot of research on the rear wheel steering and to me its high on my list because the car is bigger than the ones we've had before and we do a lot of parallel parking here. I've heard good things about it at high and low speeds and its a premium feature that I think will help resale.

As for sport sound, I honestly cannot think of a bigger waste of $$ as it doesnt improve comfort, safety or performance and is completely artificial. That's just my opinion, I know a lot of people order this feature and since I own stock in Porsche, I've no problem with that.

In general for all options, I am finding much better info on this message board than from the dealer....i think they just don't know and even if they own the car, they represent one opinion.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
6. Innodrive, ACC and LKA (trying to future proof the car)
7. Intelligent Range Manager (again, future proofing move)
Drop InnoDrive and PIRM. Both can be added on a monthly trial basis when you take delivery and frankly I dislike both of them. I like ALK though.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drop InnoDrive and PIRM. Both can be added on a monthly trial basis when you take delivery and frankly I dislike both of them. I like ALK though.
We use the charger station locator on our Tesla whenever we head from San Diego to LA. Curious if I drop the feature as you've suggested what you use to locate chargers? Thanks

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
We use the charger station locator on our Tesla whenever we head from San Diego to LA. Curious if I drop the feature as you've suggested what you use to locate chargers? Thanks
The built in nav does a decent job of finding chargers, but PlugShare and ABRP apps are the gold standard.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The built in nav does a decent job of finding chargers, but PlugShare and ABRP apps are the gold standard.
Appreciate that, So if I skip Innodrive and PISM I can still get these other apps for purpose of finding charging stations?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wonder why you disagree a third seat won't help resale. In 5-10 years when I resell the car, I expect a young family might want it. Kids have friends and we always needed a full second row (and sometimes a third row) to handle them all. When the husband says to the wife "look at this Porsche," she'll say "idiot, it doesn't have a full back row, grow up" unless I go for that option.
the resale is going to suck anyway. You should spec for the options you’ll use. The middle seat is pretty useless for 4 passengers.

if you’re super worried about resale, you should consider saving money on fewer options or leasing (which is a terrible deal with Porsche but does limit your down side and taxes)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, you just go to them on your phone. You can go look around at them now to get an idea.

abetterrouteplanner.com
carplay is infinity better anyway. Haven’t used android auto but it wouldn’t take much to be better than porsche’s

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not one to make a purchase with resale in mind. This just seemed an obvious one if that was a real seat. But as I’m learning it’s not, I’ll take it off the build. Thanks!

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
carplay is infinity better anyway. Haven’t used android auto but it wouldn’t take much to be better than porsche’s
Ok. No to third seat and the range manager app. At this rate maybe I can afford the massage function !
Sponsored