gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have any Canadian owners successfully plug & charged their Taycans at Electrify America stations while travelling in the US? Mine always comes up as “Payment Declined” even though the account it is set up correctly and has worked fine in Canada.

I cannot manually start a charge since Electrify America stations do not show up on my Porsche Connect App - only Electrify Canada stations. I also cannot sign up with Electrify America and use their App to initiate a charge since you need a US credit card to sign up. Finally I cannot even pay as a guest at the charging station (without the App) because you have to plug in first but then the car tries to plug & charge and fails and so does not offer the opportunity to pay.

What am I missing..? Any suggestions..?
Sponsored

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
This is an interesting problem. Particularly because you need an american credit card to sign up for Electrify America which seems like a massive oversight.

Have you tried calling Electrify Canada as their affiliate to see what they suggest?

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
...Finally I cannot even pay as a guest at the charging station (without the App) because you have to plug in first but then the car tries to plug & charge and fails and so does not offer the opportunity to pay.
I can't help with the first points, but as to the last point, you could disable the plug and charge option in the PCM prior to hooking up to the EA charger.

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
Have any Canadian owners successfully plug & charged their Taycans at Electrify America stations while travelling in the US? Mine always comes up as “Payment Declined” even though the account it is set up correctly and has worked fine in Canada.

I cannot manually start a charge since Electrify America stations do not show up on my Porsche Connect App - only Electrify Canada stations. I also cannot sign up with Electrify America and use their App to initiate a charge since you need a US credit card to sign up. Finally I cannot even pay as a guest at the charging station (without the App) because you have to plug in first but then the car tries to plug & charge and fails and so does not offer the opportunity to pay.

Does the App in the US require a ZIP code along with the credit card ? If so you normally can use your Canadian credit Card and when asked for a ZIP code, Use the Numbers in your postal code plus 00. Ex G1S 4Z7 becomes Zip code 14700. Usually works fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for your replies. I will try disabling plug and charge on my next trip and maybe also try the Zip Code trick.

However, shouldn’t plug and charge work though even if it is not free (in the US)? After all there is a credit card connected to your Porsche account for this very purpose.
Sponsored